A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 2 April 2023

Coloured Books

For the Cardz 4 Guyz challenge "Any Colouring Medium":


This is a quick CAS card - coloured with coloured pencils, then Gamsol to blend the colouring, a bit of shading below, and a great sentiment.

I set it on an angle because I needed to drop the books and coffee cup lower on the card - somehow when I had it level it all looked top heavy.

It's perfect to send to a friend of mine.  He's a retired librarian (like me) and he loves coffee and music, and reads tons of books (puts me to shame as I'm too busy making cards, gardening, volunteering with horses, etc. to get as much reading done as I'd like to).

Cardz 4 Guys

Cardz 4 Guyz







Supplies:
Stamps - Stamplorations
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Gamsol

4 comments:

  1. This is a great card for your friend who is an avid reader Susan, and with the added cup of coffee..perfect. I enjoy reading but like you these days I don't get through as many books as I used to. I love the very apt sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. Before making cards, reading was my favorite thing of all time to do. I still read every single day, just not as much. This is a great sentiment and a fun card for a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great card for your friend, looks perfect at an angle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many things to do and not enough time! I'd like to read more too! Love this card and know lots of people it would be perfect for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.