A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 15 March 2023

Shades of Green and a Nativity Card

Quite a contrast between my two cards today - lovely fresh green leaves making me think of spring and a Nativity scene!

The Sisterhood of Crafters want to see "green". 

I die cut the leaf stem die out of light, medium, and dark green scraps of shimmer cs, embossed the background, stamped the sentiment in green and die cut it with a tag die that I attached with light and dark green twine.

My Twofer for today is for My Time to Craft Christmas and their nativity theme.

The image and sentiment are stamped and heat embossed, trimmed with a circle die cut, bordered with green and red circles, and popped up on the card base with fun foam.  I had some leftover die cut stars that I glued randomly on the card base.

Challenges:

Sisterhood of Crafters  "Green"

Please Grab Our Badge! 

My Time to Craft Christmas "Nativity"

My Time To Craft Christmas!








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - Memento Cottage Ivy
Paper - white cs, three shades of green shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Cuttlebug embossing folder, Memory Box leaf stem die, Spellbinders tag die, green twine

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SSS sentiment, Lavinia nativity stamp
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white, red, and green cs
Size - 5" square
Accessories - Spellbinders circle die cuts, star die cuts, clear embossing powder, fun foam

7 comments:

  1. Susan: Oh, thank you so much for participating in our Nativity Christmas theme!!! You're the first one and maybe the only one...The simplicity of your layout helps keep the focus on the Holy Family! Beautiful! For MTTCC, Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards Susan, your first reminds me to pull out my die cuts and EF's. I don't use either as much as I should. the white and green looks so fresh.
    Your nativity scene is so elegant with the silhouette image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these cards, Susan. The tri colored leaves is stunning with that embossing folder. Putting those die cut stars on the background is just so pretty with the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossed leafy background is perfect with the pretty leaves in those three shades of green Susan, and then your nativity themed Christmas card is beautifully CAS with the red and green circular layers and the sweet little added stars in the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous twofers. The first one is elegant with the three shades of green leafy stems. Love the nativity card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These green leaves are so crisp and pretty with the embossed background and sentiment! Love this Nativity stamp and how you added the stars on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shades of green leaves, Suan! Looking at this card makes me think spring is on the corner. The matching twin is a great touch!
    Love the color contrast and the added die-cut stars of the nativity scene card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.