A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 26 March 2023

A Twofer Featuring Winter Clothes

A Christmas card Twofer today.  First up for Christmas Kickstart "Wrapped up for Christmas" (have a scarf on the card).


My background is a not very well done attempt at embossing folder stamping (mixed media cs, a snowflake embossing folder, and Distress Broken China ink). I trimmed it with a wonky stitched rectangle.

I chose this snowman stamp because he has such a wonderful large scarf.  When I stamped him, I got a big smudge of ink off to the left of him so I trimmed it down with an oval die, going right up close to the fringe of the scarf to avoid the smudge. Then I coloured his hat band and scarf with a red marker, and added some shading to him and to the ground with a blue coloured pencil that was close to the colour blue of the background. I added a small sentiment in the little space left and popped the oval up on fun foam on the background.

For the Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Warm Winter Clothes", I went with some warmly dressed sheep.

I stamped and coloured the sheep with coloured pencils, framed them with a rectangle with a die cut semi-circle opening and finished with the addition of a thin blue frame die and several glittery snowflakes.

Challenges:

Christmas Kickstart


Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Warm Winter Clothes"

Please take a copy of our badge








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Inkadinkado snowman, SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, Distress Broken China
Paper - white and mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders oval die, red marker, blue coloured pencil, snowflake embossing folder, MFT wonky stitched rectangle die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Inky Doodle sheep, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white and blue cs, white glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Gina Marie snowflake dies, foam tape, semicircle die, SSS thin frame rectangle die


8 comments:

  1. That snowman is really cute Susan, and I love the bright red on the scarf and hat band, and the sketchy blue inky snowflake background does work very well and finished with the wonky stitches background, then the sweet sheep in their woolly jumpers are such fun and a great semi circular frame around them, also the sparkly snowflakes finish the look brilliantly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. His scarf is so pretty and looks so warm. Great way to save it from the smudge. The sweater weather card made me laugh at them all bundled up! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful snowman, but oh my goodness, love those sheep in their sweaters! So darling, and love your bright colors! Definitely my favorite, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. two great cards, your snowman so dapper in his wonderful scarf, and that ewe is adorable in in his winter woolies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love these sweater clad sheep! How fun! And this snowman has the best scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable, especially the sweater-wearing sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both cards, Susan! Thanks for joining Monika and me at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sheep in their winter woollie jumpers. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.