A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 4 March 2023

Shades of Green

At Peace on Earth we have a mood board all in shades of green, no doubt because we have St. Patrick's Day within the dates of this challenge.  The green trees and the holly inspired this card:


I created a background by using the embossing folder stamping technique - inking up one side of an embossing folder, spritzing a little, and then stamping it onto either watercolour paper or mixed media cs. I cut the piece in two as I wanted this to be a CAS card so needed to leave lots of white space (and then I'll get two cards out of the one background).

The tree is die cut from a piece of cardstock smooshed with a couple of different green Magicals. I also die cut two others from scrap cs and glued them together to give some dimension.  I added a small heat embossed sentiment, and then added a stitched rectangle layer for more interest.

There's lots of inspiration from the rest of the Design Team over at Peace on Earth.  You can either be inspired by our mood board or create an "anything Christmas goes" card.









Supplies:
Stamps - Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - Distress Pine Needles, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper  off-white and mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix holly embossing folder, unknown tree die, green Magicals, clear embossing powder, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die

4 comments:

  1. Oh Susan, I love your overall design. I've really been loving these 'framed' card fronts I've been seeing lately and this one is simply beautiful! Well done my friend! Another amazing DT project of inspiration to us all! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and beautiful, the smooshed tree is amazing and what a pretty and clever background for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background but, oh, that tree! I love the dimension you gave it and how you did it. Very cool look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shades of the green tree, Susan! I can imagine the pretty shimmer of smooshed Magicals. The holly background, stamped using an embossing folder is unique and awesome!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.