A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 20 March 2023

Bird with a Brick Wall, Numbers with Stars

Two Christmas cards today!  First up for the Jingle Belles Challenge "a card using only cardstock" and the Snippets Challenge:


I'm trying to use older tools and supplies (to help me decide whether or not I want to keep them) so got out my old SU bird punch and some snippets of red cs. Because the challenge says absolutely no dp, I used the brick wall embossing folder to create a background. I die cut a holly branch from a snippet of green cs and added stick-on red pearls as holly berries.  And one more snippet - a bit of black for the sentiment banner.

My second card is for the Inkspirational Challenge "numbers":

I stamped and coloured the bauble and star wreath, and then added the December 25 stamp inside the wreath and heat embossed it in gold. I went over the stars in the wreath with a Quickie glue pen and added gold glitter to them. Die cut with a circle and added it to a gold glitter cs circle. Then mounted it on a star dry embossed background.

Challenges:

Jingle Belles - card stock only, no dp

jingle belles  

Snippets

Player's Badge 

Inkspirational Challenge

 

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Make an Impression sentiment
Ink - Versamark
Paper - red, green, black, and cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix brick wall embossing folder, SU bird punch, TH holly die, Papermania Seafoam embossing powder, red stick-on pearls, foam tape

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Jofy wreath, unknown Dec 25 stamp
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, ColorBox Gold
Paper - white cs, gold glitter cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - coloured pencils, Martha Stewart gold glitter, gold embossing powder, Spellbinders circle dies, Sizzix star embossing folder

12 comments:

  1. Great cards! You're an inspiration with the bird punch, as I have dug it out too, and have been looking at it for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very pretty seasonal cards Susan, and the red bird sitting on the holly, and the added little red pearl berries look great against the brick wall embossing in the background, and the star wreath on the second is further enhanced with the gold glitter, and I love the red, blue and green baubles...a really fun look and the embossed stars make a delightful background. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea to use some of your old tools, stamps and dies to decide if they're still your style :)
    Beautiful punch bird, that would be wonderful for a mass produced card set :) and Love the Jofy star wreath xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to go through my old supplies, but for a different reason… to see if I “need” to buy more. 😂 *lol*. These are adorable. Love the brick wall on the first and the sparkly gold on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two more wonderful Christmas cards, Susan! You are really building that stash. This bird punch is still one of my favorites and so pretty with the embossed brick wall! Love the wreath and all those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think those are keepers. The bird card is gorgeous and the star wreath is so unusual and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely cards Susan - I particularly like your snippets card of course. Lovely fresh looking work on both of them.

    I had to change your link in Mr Linky as it took me to a previous entry - all fixed now!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that anyone can use those numbers; such a great idea! Lovely creations! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two excellent Christmas cards.
    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground with the first card. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me and Di up in the Treehouse for a nice mug of hot chocolate! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how pretty and how clever both of your designs are, I love the texture, the composition of both designs and the combination of stamps, dies and embossing. So pleased you could join our Cardstock Christmas celebration at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two wonderful Christmas designs Susan! Love the white brick background for your bright red and green bird and foliage - and what a lovely wreath like design of the gold stars and bright baubles with the embossed stars behind it! thanks for sharing your 2nd card with us at Inkspirational! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both Christmas cards are so pretty, Susan! The embossed brick wall background looks great, especially the bird and the holly branch are solid colors.
    The sparkly gold glitter stars and the circle panel add a festive feeling to the wreath card.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.