A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 27 March 2023

A Threefer!

I don't very often post three cards at once but I'm trying to get a few challenges done and I had plenty of time to craft on the weekend.

First up for Stamping Sensations ("things with wings") and Once Upon a Time ("Harold and the Purple Crayon"):


I chose the colour combination from the Once Upon a Time challenge book cover:


I sprinkled blue and purple Brushos on mixed media cs and spritzed with water.  The stamped the butterfly collage over it. The Brushos made some nice shades of colour so I chose similar pink and blue sprays to use on the background. Once the sprays were dry, I stamped the background with a small font script stamp.

Next for My Time to Craft Christmas ("something starting with R"), I went with a reindeer and for Christmas Cards All Year Round ("3 of something"), I went with 3 trees:


I used a technique I learned from Karen Dunbrook of tearing many strips of scrap paper to use as masks, starting at the bottom with the first sponging of ink, and then moving up the card. Once my background was dry, I stamped my images and sentiment. Then once they were dry, I sprinkled chunky white Frantage and White Diamond embossing powder over the panel, and heated it from underneath so it wouldn't blow away - a great way to create snowfall.

And finally for Sweet Stampin' Challenge ("spring or Easter"), I went with spring and for Cardz 4 Galz "Spring Flowers" and My Time to Craft Challenge "Springtime":


I watercoloured the image, trimmed it, and popped it up on fun foam on a dry embossed panel.

Challenges:

Stamping Sensations - things with wings

Once Upon a Time - Harold and the Purple Crayon

Christmas Cards All Year Round  - 3 of something

My Time to Craft Christmas - something starting with R

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - spring or Easter

Cardz 4 Galz - spring flowers 

My Time to Craft - springtime 








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Hampton Art Windowpane Monarch, unknown script stamp
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - mixed media and cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - various pink and blue sprays, blue and purple Brushos

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Tim Holtz
Ink - various blue Distress inks, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Frantage Chunky White Embossing Enamel, Judikins White Diamond embossing powder

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - Stamplorations tulips, Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, white linen cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, SU embossing folder

 



7 comments:

  1. A beautiful purple Butterfly card and perfect for our optional theme at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve the large butterfly collage stamp and script background.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy Susan, and what fantastic cards! I love the Brusho background with the added script and the purple on black butterflies stand out beautifully over the top, then the silhouette reindeer and trees against those wonderful ink blended snow slopes and hills, and then finally a wonderful springtime card with the prettily watercoloured tulips, and the embossed frame is delightful. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve been busy. 3 fantastic cards! The first is elegant. A beautiful snowy scene for your 2nd. And the last one is so pretty and spring fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely spring blossoms on this pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That winter wishes card is fabulous - I love using that tearing and inking technique as it results in a very realistic background. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is truly here, I noticed your embossing folder it is an old favorite of mine!! Thank you for playing with us at C4Galz Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.