A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 24 March 2023

A Triple B Card and an Agapanthus Card

I seem to always do Twofers these days.  Too much influence from my good friend, Darnell (wish that influence extended to getting me to tidy my craft desk!).

First up for the Triple B "Birds, Butterflies, and Blooms", I thought it would be fun to use a stamp I have that has all three in the one stamp:


I stamped the image on mixed media cs and coloured with orange and yellow markers.  Then sponged around the edges with Distress Dried Marigold.  Added a sentiment and popped it up on fun foam.

And then for the Tic Tac Toe challenge (I chose the bottom horizontal line "gems or sequins, watercolour, floral"), the Penny Black Saturday Challenge (anything Penny Black goes), and the Beautiful Blossoms Floral Challenge (anything floral goes), I used one of my favourite flower stamps:


I put the stamp in my MISTI and inked it up with various watercolour markers, spritzing lightly with water, and stamping.  I wrapped a vellum strip (on which I'd stamped the sentiment) around the flower panel, and popped it up on fun foam on the card base. I added a few sequins for embellishment.

Challenges:

Triple B "Birds, Butterflies, and Blooms"

Please share our badge! 

Tic Tac Toe Challenge

 

Penny Black Saturday Challenge


Beautiful Blossoms Floral Challenge

Our Blog Badge








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Crafty Individuals collage stamp, SU sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, Distress Dried Marigold
Paper - mixed media and cream cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - orange and yellow markers, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black agapanthus, sentiment
Ink - Archival Watering Can
Paper - vellum, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue and green markers, blue sequins, fun foam

10 comments:

  1. the stamp for your first card is perfect for the challenge, I love the touch of colour and blended edges.
    Beautiful agapanthus flower, love the blue tones and the direct to stamp colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love the Artsy look of those blue blooms. Thanks for entering your lovely card in the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We enjoy seeing everyone's creativity.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and pretty CI image Christine and love the colours in orange and yellow tones, real hot sunshine colours and a beautiful card, and the agapanthas in tones of blue using the straight to stamp technique look fantastic and finished with some lovely sequins, and the sentiment on vellum allows all the wonderful floral display to show through. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Susan...don't know why I called you Christine!!! a senior moment..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of analogous colors for the collage image to give it a sense of unity, Susan! The blue flowers are pretty with a watercolor look. The sequins are pretty finishing touches.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Artistic, Susan! Love how the blue flowers have a hand watercolor effect. Thank you for sharing your talents with us at "Beautiful Blossoms". Hope you will join us again.
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL cards my friend and WOW ... how cool that you had all three of our 'Bs' in one stamp ... perfect! LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Triple B
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, both are beautiful and I love your blog header! I am partial to Penny Black stamps so your second card is my favorite, but a mixed media card is always at the top of my list. Thanks so much for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card! The flowers are gorgeous and I like how you used the watercolor markers and spritzed them. I will have to try that technique. Thanks for joining us this week at TTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you’re on a roll… congratulations on being a team pick at TTTC! 👏🎉🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.