A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 18 March 2023

A Vintage Santa for Peace on Earth

Goodness the weeks are flying by!  Already time for a new Peace on Earth challenge.  I was inspired by the vintage Santa image in the top right corner of their mood board (see at end of post).


The image on the mood board immediately made me think of this old Stampin' Up Santa - he even has a little Christmas tree like the one on the mood board.

Stamped, coloured with coloured pencils, trimmed with a pierced dot rectangle die, and bordered with green shimmer cs.

We'd love to have you join us at Peace on Earth.  There's lots more inspiration from the Design Team.  You can enter an "anything Christmas goes" card or be inspired by our mood board.










Supplies:
Stamps - SU Santa, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white cs, green shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Spellbinders pierced dot rectangle die

7 comments:

  1. What a great Santa image Susan, he represents the mood board perfectly. fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this vintage Santa! I have a Santa collection and he resembles one of my sweet oldies. Thanks for another awesome DT inspirational creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful traditional Santa and beautifully coloured Susan, and the pierced edge with the green shimmer card behind and the stylish sentiment finish this so delightfully. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing all the different images of Santa and this one is awesome. I like that pierced mat and it lets the shine show through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful vintage Santa, and love the traditional colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this vintage Santa, Susan! Beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you put the vintage Santa in a CAS setting, Susan! He's pencil-colored so beautifully. Love this card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.