A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 30 September 2023

Spotting Santa

Another two weeks have flown by and it's time for a beautiful new mood board from Peace on Earth.  I was inspired by the top left image (see the mood board at the bottom of my post).


I arranged the animals and the Santa sleigh / moon stamp in my MISTI and stamped and heat embossed them (that way I could sponge my sky and snow hills over them).

I tore strips of paper to mask the snowy hills and die cut a circle to mask the moon, and sponged very lightly above the strips for the ground, with two darker blue inks above the horizon one, and then removed the moon mask and sponged a bit of yellow around the edges.  Any stray ink was easy to wipe off the black embossing.

For a finishing touch I very sprinkled a little bit of Frantage Chunky White embossing powder and heated from underneath to create a light snowfall.

Here's the mood board:

Please head over to Peace on Earth to see more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and then join us with a card either inspired by the mood board or "anything Christmas". 








Supplies:
Stamps - Lavinia animals, Technique Junkies Santa with moon
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, Memento Summer Sky, Distress Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing powder, Stampendous Frantage Chunky Embossing Powder

6 comments:

  1. FABULOUS scene Susan! Even the critters are excited to see Santa flying across the sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty scene and love all the animals looking on Susan, and some wonderful falling snow too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Susan, I love all the critters looking up at Santa's sleigh ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woderful! LOVE it and the fabulous colours and design xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your adorably cute cute scene, of course seeing critters watching for Santa immediately grabbed my heart! Yes great minds lol, we were both inspired by the same scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful scene card inspired by the inspiration moodboard. Another perfect use of the torn paper masking technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.