A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 26 September 2023

A Day of "Quilting"

We had a ton of rain yesterday so I holed up in the craftroom and pulled out my quilt die and a bunch of scraps of patterned paper that were at least 4" square and ended up with four cards.  It was great fun mixing and matching the patterned paper, the colours of the outer part of the "quilt", and the colours of the card bases.  Here are the four variations:





Making these involved running the die eight times - one for each of the four different patterned papers and one for each of the border colours.  

For each quilt, I cut a square from a sheet of double-sided sookwang tape and stuck it on a square of scrap cs, placed the outline borders on it, and then inset the little patterned pieces.  I did it with fine pointed tweezers - easier than using my fingers!

Added the quilts to the card bases, and then for the first two, I created a tiny tag from an old tag punch for the sentiment stuck it on the centre of the quilt and embellished with a tiny adhesive pearl, and for the last two, I die cut sentiments to match the card bases.

They are going to the following challenges:

Christmas Challenges All Year Round "For a Female" - I have a couple of girlfriends who do quilting so these cards will go to them.

Sweet Stampin' Challenge "Tags" - the ones with the tags on sentiments

My Time to Craft Challenge - "Two or More Patterned Papers"

Rudolph Days "anything Christmas"

Snippets Playground - lots of scraps of patterned paper, white, red, cream, and green cs

Grab our badge!  

My Time To Craft!

Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog
Player's Badge 

 







Supplies:
Stamps - SSS comfort & joy
Ink - ColorBox green
Paper - white, cream, red, and green cs; four different patterned papers
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Gina Marie quilt die, McGill tag punch, TH joy and noel dies

10 comments:

  1. Wow - you have excelled yourself making this lovely set of Christmas cards with the quilt die.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a little drinkypoo later! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt die is so pretty Susan and I love the four different papers you used and they each look so different with the different papers used in different positions, and the finishing touches work beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilted cards are amazing and a great way to use up your designer paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,
    oh my these are gorgeous and so effective too.
    Love that die used and the beautiful papers too.
    All of them are so pretty would love an actual quilt like them.
    Thank you for joini8ng the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, four unique cards and a great way to use paper scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect way to use up some of those itty bitty scraps, Susan! Each is so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out amazing!! I absolutely adore these. Thank you so much for the inspiration and joining us at My Time to Craft. I cannot wait to see you again
    ~Tamara (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great cards Susan. Time I got my quilt die out for a play - I'd forgotten how therapeutic it can be!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to use up saved patterned paper pieces, Susan. All four are so pretty with wonderful combinations of patterns and colours. A lovely way to spend a rainy day! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These quilted cards make me feel so warm and lovely. The detail is amazing and you are a gem for putting in all that work! It really paid off...
    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.