A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 6 September 2023

A CAS Robin and a Reindeer in a Winter Scene

Another Christmas twofer!  For the ABC Christmas Challenge "Q for Quick and R for Robin" and for Christmas Card Creations "CAS":


Definitely a quick CAS card - stamped and watercoloured, trimmed with a stitched square die, bordered with red, and added to the card base.  I finished off by adding Glossy Accents to the berries.

My second card is for The Sisterhood of Crafters "Make a Scene" and Shopping Our Stash "Any Wild Animal".  My wild animal is a reindeer and I've created a winter scene.


I tore several strips of scrap paper to use as masks.  Then starting at the bottom of my cs, I laid one of the strips down and did the first sponging of ink, and then moving up the card, did each successive layer, changing to blue once I got to the sky. Once my background was dry, I stamped the reindeer, trees, and sentiment. Then once they were dry, I sprinkled chunky white Frantage and heated it from the underneath so it wouldn't blow away - a great way to create snowfall.

Please Grab Our Badge!  Grab Our Badge!







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Inkadinkado bird, Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, red and cream cs
Size - 4.25" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, Lil Inker stitched square die, Glossy Accents

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Tim Holtz
Ink - various blue Distress inks, Versafine Clair black
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Frantage Chunky White Embossing Enamel

13 comments:

  1. Two fantastic Christmas cards Susan, and that robin is adorable, and love the wonderful glossy berries, then the winter scene, beautifully done with the different shaped snow slopes and finished with the white Frantage which is great for falling snow, really stands out terrifically. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful cards, I love your Robin and the CAS layout. The winter scene is so inspiring, I really need to CASE that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your robin is so pretty on your first card Susan. And I love the winter scene using masking of torn strips - awesome technique! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet bird and beautiful, shiny berries. Your ground and sky look stunning. A perfect snowy, winter sky done with torn paper strips. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, absolutely a beautiful snowy winter scene, very inspiring!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, your CAS robin card is so perfect for making pretty and easy multiples, which I seem to need every holiday season. And it is so pretty and festive as well. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A frozen "jungle" with a wild stag...fantastic!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "Welcome to the Jungle" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash challenges!!
    -Deb Horst, DT #SOS504

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this card, so pretty, great image and coloring too! Thanks for playing our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations. Happy Crafting!

    Leanne DT Member/CCC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sweet robin and stately deer in the snow, Susan! Your Christmas stash is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful projects! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this snowy scene Susan! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Owner
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness, two BEAUTIFUL holiday critter cards, WOW! Thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (wild animal!)STASH with us this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the simplicity of this! Thanks for sharing with us over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.