A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 2 September 2023

Red Poinsettia on White

Peace on Earth has a wonderful mood board this month.  The top left image inspired me to use poinsettias and to keep the colour scheme to red and white.


I started by die cutting the poinsettia from red cs.  While it was still in the dies, I sponged a darker red over the veins that show through the gaps in the dies.  After I took it out of the dies, I sponged around the edges.  I used a stylus to add some shaping to the layers and glued them together.

The background uses my "never before used" Tim Holtz negative corner die and the Tim Holtz negative sentiment die to cut through the white background layer.  I layered it over the red card base and added the poinsettia to it.   A few gold gemstones finished it off.

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board that inspired me:

 

Head on over to see what the rest of the Design Team created and then link up your card, either inspired by the mood board or "anything Christmas".

I'm also linking up with NBUS because I used the corner die for the first time.










Supplies:
Ink - Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Paper - red and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz poinsettia corner die and sentiment die, Spellbinders layered poinsettia dies, gold gemstones

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, love your new dies and the amazing beautiful Poinsettia, great inspiration for all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great Christmas make Susan and so bright with the white cut out poinsettia corner and sentiment over the red card, and then the added bright and pretty poinsettia over the top and with a lovely little gem in the centre to finish...just perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so crisp and gorgeous. The corner die is perfect with your bright poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creative and fabulous design, and the colours really pop. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Susan, the red really pops against the white. I love the die cut corner, I think I have that set but never use it. Thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Susan. LOVE your layered poinsettia paired with the cut-out poinsettia corner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't beat classic red and white for Christmas and your composition is mwah, Susan! Your fluffy poinsettia looks perfect with the cut-out poinsettia corner die and sediment. Thanks for the tip on shading before removing from the die - genius - and thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous red poinsettias, Susan! Nothing beats red and white! Great shading on the poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.