A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 18 September 2023

Dogs and Flowers - Two of My Favourite Things

As most of you know, I love dogs.  And I'm a very keen gardener.  So today has a post featuring each.

For the My Time to Craft Challenge, the theme is dogs and / or cats.  I did a very CAS card that I will use as a Christmas card for a dog-loving friend.

The dog and sentiment are heat embossed with a champagne coloured embossing powder.  It's bordered with red and green glitter cs.

For the Flower Challenge "Use a Die", I went more mixed media.


I created a gelli plate background with acrylic paints, die cut a flower twice and glued them together for dimension, and also die cut a sentiment.  I added gold Stickles to the centres of the flowers.

My Time To Craft!

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Technique Junkies Cold Noses
Ink - Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves
Paper - white cs, red and green glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Recollections Champagne embossing powder

Supplies for card 2:
Paper - mixed media cs, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - acrylic paints, gelli plate, Memory Box Honeysuckle Blossom die, gold Stickles


5 comments:

  1. Amazing stamp for your Christmas card Susan. That is one sweet dog!! Love the sparkle of the red and green glitter framing. Your gelli print is beautiful. Love it paired with your pretty die-cut flowers. I can see a repeat of flowers in your print ... great work!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest face on the dog wrapped in his scarf. Love the glitter shine. A beautiful gel plate background and pretty die cut flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great dog stamp, Susan! Looks a bit like Tessa. And I love your gel background with the pretty die cut flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dog image Susan and such a fun sentiment to go with it, and then the gelli plate background on the second is so bright and pretty and the white flowers and sentiment stand out beautifully over the top. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards Susan, love the gorgeous flower one esp. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.