A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 4 September 2023

Frosty Winter, Frosty Friends

Working away on Christmas cards!  First up for My Time to Craft "Using Die Cuts", a card with nothing but die cuts:

Very quick to make (except for poking out all the little bits of the die!).  I cut the Frostyville Frame and the sentiment out of of a blue/grey shimmer cs, and the Frostyville Frame background out of pale blue glitter cs, glued them all together and added them to a white card base.

The second card is for The Paper Players "Four Legged Friends".  The stamp I used has two dogs and a cat who all definitely look like friends, and a sentiment saying "frosty friends":

 
The image is coloured with coloured pencils, trimmed with a pierced dot rectangle, bordered with green shimmer cs and some dp.
 
My Time To Craft!

 







Supplies for card 1:
Paper - blue/grey shimmer cs, pale blue glitter cs, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box Frostyville Frame die, Penny Black sentiment die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SSS animals, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white cs, green shimmer cs, unknown dp
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Sizzix pierced dot rectangle die

8 comments:

  1. I love the ornate die cut snowflake frame with the lovely die cut sentiment on the first Susan, and the sweet trio of two dogs and a cat on the second, so prettily coloured and the berry branch pp looks great in the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ornate snowflake die is so pretty, I always struggle die cutting them. Your for legged friends are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shimmer and shine is soooo awesome! I bet in real life it is even more gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at My Time to Craft and I look forward to seeing you and your beautiful work soon
    ~Tamara (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blue grey shimmer and pale blue glitter c/s is gorgeous. It fit the bill perfectly for a frosty card. I love the dogs and cat together and didn't know you had a cat too. It's wonderful when they all get along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are very sweet! Love that little trio of "frosty friends" too! So cute! Thanks for playing with our theme challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, those "Frosty Friends" are a perfect combination holiday card and challenge! This is a very cute card and we thank you for sharing it with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan your festive four-legged trio look so cute all wrapped up for winter! Thanks for playing along with my theme over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sparkly snowflakes on the first card, Susan! Your frosty friends are perfect to welcome in the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.