A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 9 September 2023

Celebrating Gratitude

Festive Friday is celebrating World Gratitude Day for their current challenge.  We have to include at least three things from their list of elements.  I chose teal, yellow, thank you, and embossing folder.

For the top panel, I put texture paste through a stencil, let it dry, then painted randomly with watered down Distress inks. I used teal, yellow, and a bit of orange as they are my friend's 3 favourite colours and the card is going to her.  The ink was absorbed by the paste, colouring the raised sections as well as the background.

I popped that panel up on the embossing folder background and added a thank you sentiment banner.












7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Susan. Very artsy with the paste and watercolours. Gorgeous embossed design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the texture Susan, such a beautiful card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great texture Susan and so bright and pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much colour and texture Susan - a beautiful and vibrant thank you card. Thanks for sharing over at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful colors, Susan, and an awesome technique. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge. Hope you'll keep coming back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan this is such a wondrful card. I love all the textures and colours Thank you for playing along with us in the Festive Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, that background is fabulous. What a wonderful use of these colors and I just love all that texture, too. So glad you shared this beauty with us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.