A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 31 August 2023

Stamped and Dry Embossed Pine and Pinecones

52 Christmas Card Throwdown wants an embossing folder on our Christmas cards this time.  I used one as a background that totally ties in with my stamped image.


I love the way the embossing folder has the pine branches and pine cones that are in the stamped image.  The image is coloured with coloured pencils and die cut with a circle die.  The sentiment is die cut once out of dark green and once out of white and glued together to give it more dimension.










Supplies:
Stamps - Serendipity chickadees
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white and dark green cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - coloured pencils, Sizzix embossing folder, MFT sentiment die, Spellbinders circle die

5 comments:

  1. It's such a beautiful combination of image and embossing. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT. Hope to see your designs again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Susan, I just love that Serendipity image and you've framed it so beautifully with the Merry Christmas die and embossed background ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful combo of image and embossing, Susan. Lovely Christmas card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous with that wonderful 3D background embossing, and I do love birds on a Christmas card and these are very prettily coloured Susan, and love the sentiment circle you have put them in. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great combination of embossing folder and stamp. The birds are beautifully colored and I like that Merry Christmas round die.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.