A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 8 August 2023

Neutral Christmas Scene

The Jingle Belles Christmas challenge is "Keep It Neutral".  I went with browns for this card:


I stamped the image and sentiment in brown ink. Using torn paper masks, I created snow hills, sponging white ink over most of the area, leaving just a little at the top of each hill. I continued to add sponged snow hills down the card front. I lightly sponged the sky as well (leaving a halo around images).

Using a white acrylic paint pen, I added snow on the buildings, trees, etc. and then splattered diluted white acrylic paint to add falling snow.

I then trimmed the panel, cut a dark brown panel to border the main panel, and added it to a kraft card base.

 

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Art-Kure church, PTI sentiment
Ink - Distress Walnut Stain, ColorBox White
Paper - kraft and dark brown cs
Size - A2
Accessories - white acrylic paint, white paint pen

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love your "snow"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely peaceful scene you created Susan! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the look of the white and brown ink on kraft card Susan, and the image is perfect for this technique..it has a beautiful vintage look. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow... love every single thing about this! Elegant, textural perfection! Thanks for joining our Neutral Noel fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful peaceful scene, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the white of the snow really makes your scene pop ... so glad you joined our Neutral Noel at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.