A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 17 August 2023

Music for Guys and a Simple Pet Sympathy Card

I've been away for a few days so no crafting or blogging.  Here's a Twofer to make up for it.

Cardz 4 Guyz wants to see "Music" so I did a notecard with a bird against a musical background:

The image is stamped and heat embossed, then trimmed and layered on green and red cardstock, popped up on fun foam on a square card base, and added red stick-on dots to the berries on the leaves.   

The second card is for The Sisterhood of Crafters "Keep It Simple".



A very simple card - stamped the sentiment and pawprint in navy on the card base, die cut a heart out of navy cs, and layered it over the base.  I like to have a few dog sympathy cards on hand as well as people sympathy cards.

Cardz 4 Guyz Logo  Please Grab Our Badge!







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Magenta
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - cream cs, red and green cs
Size - 4.25" square
Accessories - gold embossing powder, Spellbinders square dies, red Stampendous dot stickers, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Technique Junkies sentiment, SU paw print
Ink - Memento
Paper - white and navy cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - Memory Box heart die

11 comments:

  1. A great Twofer, Susan! Your pet sympathy card is perfect in its simplicity, but not in the heartfelt sympathy being sent. And your manly musical card is just lovely! Hope you were away for a fun reason! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold embossing looks fabulous, and the red berries are a beautiful detail! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classy...loving the golden embossed images with the pop of red!! Thanks for playing along with our MUSIC challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz! You rocked the MUSIC theme with your song and nailed our challenge to create a masculine card! Deb Horst, DT #C4G328

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the image on the first with the gold embossed bird and music image and the red dots for the berries..very elegant Susan, and the double green and red mat is perfect, then the lovely dog sympathy sentiment placed within the double stitched heart surrounded by the navy card which shows it off beautifully, and I love the added navy paw print too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that bird with the music behind and that sympathy card has such a sweet sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great stamp for the first card! Perfect for a guy or for a gal! I love the simplicity on the pet sympathy. They are such difficult cards to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely designs for the challenges Susan - the gold embossing with the red stick on dots is so pretty with the music background - and the dog sentiment is sweet and so true! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the gold card with music and that gorgeous bird, Susan. The red dots just pop and add some extra shine. Beautiful, heartfelt sentiment for your pet sympathy card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gold is so elegant and that's what your card is. The berries are so festive. The sentiment for the dog card touched my heart. My girlfriend's dog is 16 and she thought it was the end on Wednesday so I got a card made for her and wish I'd had this stamp. The dog snapped out of it but she is getting slower. The dog, not my friend. Well, she is getting older too, just like me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous sentiment and so true, a great card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  11. two amazing cards Susan, I love your gold embossed bird and music such a pretty card and of course I love anything to do with dogs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.