A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 19 August 2023

Snowy Farm

Peace on Earth has a wonderful mood board for the new challenge - four great images of barns in the snow.  It inspired me to make this card:


It's an older stamp and I've had it for years but never inked it up.  The buildings and trees are coloured with alcohol markers and the sky is sponged with two shades of Distress Oxide ink.  I splattered with a white paint pen and added glitter to the snowy roofs, the ground, and the snow on the trees.  The image is bordered with dark green cs (though it looks black in the photo).

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board that inspired the card:

Please head over to Peace on Earth for more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team, and join us with your card inspired by the mood board or with an "anything Christmas" card.

I'm also going to enter it in Darnell's NBUS (never before used stuff) challenge as it's the first time that stamp got inked up.

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Serendipity Winter Farm, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, Distress Oxide Chipped Sapphire and Stormy Sky
Paper - white and dark green cs
Size - A2
Accessories - alcohol markers, glitter, white paint pen

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scenic stamp ... so glad you finally colored it up and I must say your coloring is SPOT ON ... BEAUTIFUL! Awesome DT inspiration ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely scene with a beautiful sky. That's why we can't really get rid of our older stamps! A mood board comes along and you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snowy scene you've created Susan. Glad you finally inked up with image ... it's lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that old farm stamp by serendipity, such a beautiful winter scene xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this winter scene Susan and I thought when I first looked at it that it was Serendipity..so pretty and beautifully coloured. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made me homesick for Iowa, Susan! I have such a fondness for barns and just love the snowy scene you created and the schparkle you added! Your sponged sky is perfection! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this snowy farm scene with the red buildings and beautiful snowy scene, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.