A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 30 August 2023

Poppies on Music

A birthday card for a friend who  and loves the colour red, made for Seize the Birthday "Make It Musical" and Can You Handle the Pressure "Embossing Folder with a Twist of Poppies".


A musical embossing folder for the background since my friend plays the ukulele and is in a choir.  And red poppies were a perfect choice as red is her favourite colour and she's a keen gardener.  I die cut the poppies out of watercolour paper and then wet just the flowers and sprinkled red brushos on them, and then watercoloured the stems in dark green.  I cut them twice more out of scrap cs and glued them together for substance.  I sprinkled the same red brushos on a scrap of watercolour paper and die cut the sentiment from that.

I'm also linking it to My Time to Craft Challenge "Using Die Cuts", to AAA Birthday "Anything Birthday Goes", and to Beautiful Blossoms "Anything Goes Flowers".

  Please Grab Our Badge 

My Time To Craft!

Our Blog Badge









Supplies:
Paper - watercolour paper, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Penny Black Bodacious die, Gummipan Happy Birthday die, red and green Brushos, Darice music embossing folder

11 comments:

  1. Such an elegant card with the white music EF used for the background and love those bright and beautiful red poppies. Perfect for your musical friend with a love of red. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These poppies are GORGEOUS, Susan! The brushos made such a rich red and I love that die cut sentiment cut from the same red! A beautiful card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card for your friend, Susan. LOVE the deep red of your poppies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Susan this card is just BEAUTIFUL! What a fabulous design and just perfect for the recipient! Well done my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    BB DT
    BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful grouping of her favorite things to make her a stunning card. That red is so rich and pops against the white. She will be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used this embossing folder...it adds just that extra touch. This card is beautiful and I know your friend will love receiving it. Thank you so much for joining us at My Time to Craft

    ~Tamara (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply lovely, especially with the musical embossing folder, thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday

    Kathyk
    Guest Designer at STB

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the dramatic colours with red on white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful, the red against the white background is so striking. I LOVE this card!! . Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Susan! Thanks for being in our gallery at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, beautiful card. Love your embossed musical background and your red poppies are stunning against the white. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.