A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 24 August 2023

A CAS Butterfly and Christmas Food

A Twofer today to sneak in under the wire for some challenges I wanted to enter.

First for The Paper Players "CAS with an Insect":


For the background, I dripped some Tumbled Glass and Broken China reinkers along one edge of a panel of cs, spritzed with water, and tipped the cs to let them run. The butterfly is die cut from a couple of layers of very thick and absorbent handmade paper, stuck together for substance and then sprayed with various blue, purple, and pink sprays. I didn't quite get the colour variation I wanted so sprays probably weren't the best medium to use. I found a piece of pink shimmer cs that matched perfectly so bordered with that.

Next up, for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Christmas Food" and for Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Christmas Food":

Many years ago I admired this image on someone's card and I contacted her to ask her to stamp off a few for me. She kindly mailed them to me and I'm ashamed to say I've forgotten both who it was and who made the stamp. If anyone knows, please let me know!!

The image is coloured with coloured pencils, with a tiny bit of glossy accents just on the holly berries. I then bordered it with red and green cs.

   Please take a copy of our badge

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - Distress Tumbled Glass and Broken China
Paper - white cs, pink shimmer cs, thick handmade paper
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - blue and pink sprays, Lil Inker stitched square dies

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - unknown image, PB sentiment
Ink - black ink
Paper - white, red, and green cs
Size - 5" square
Accessories - coloured pencils, glossy accents, Spellbinders square dies



11 comments:

  1. I love the background you made with dripped re-inkers to go behind the beautiful butterfly Susan and love the sprayed colours on it, then the sweet silhouette birds with the Christmas Pudding and mince pie which is coloured so prettily. It has the look of Chocolate Baroque, but I don't remember seeing one which looks like this, but if it's an old one it is a possibility. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning cards, Susan! The thick handmade paper you used for the butterfly adds so much texture to your first card. I LOVE the colors you used. Thank you so much for playing in my Clean and Simple challenge at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Susan! I love square format for CAS cards - and yours is perfectly CAS! Thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Players.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't mean to comment anonymously in that last comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards, love the ink run of the first so artsy and your plum pudding looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful twofers. I can see why you loved the Christmas image. Beautifully pencil coloured. And how nice of that stamper to stamp/send the images to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards ....and what a delicious food for our winged friends. Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card. Your image is perfect. I fancy a mince pie now. Thanks for joining my theme at Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun image for holiday food, Susan - those birds scored big time, lol! Very sweet coloring and accents as well! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a wonderful Christmas image featuring some holiday food, colored perfectly! Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkle Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.