A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 7 March 2022

Two Blue Cards

First up, Christmas Craft Creations "Blue & Silver" challenge.


I created a tissue paper background, using a little piece of blue tissue paper that has silver dots in it - I glued it to a scrap of cs, slightly wrinkling it as I laid it down so that it would have some texture.  I then die cut a thin frame out of it.  I die cut the same thin frame out of silver glitter cs and inlaid it into the blue tissue paper piece.  Out of another scrap of silver glitter cs, I die cut the star, and from a scrap of white cs, I cut the trees.  Added a sentiment and put it all together.

Because of all the scraps I used, I'm also adding it to the new Snippets challenge.

The second blue card is for the Christmas Kickstart Challenge "Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies" and for the Jingle Belles Challenge "Oh Christmas Stencil".


I pulled a scrap of background out of my box that had been painted with a blue shimmer acrylic paint, and stencilled snowflakes over it with a sparkle paste.  I used a white shimmer cs for the die cut frame and card base, and added a sentiment heat embossed on black cs and die cut with an old label die.

Challenges:

Snippets Playground
Player's Badge

Christmas Craft Creations

 

Christmas Kickstart Challenge

 

Jingle Belles "Oh Christmas Stencil"

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - SSS sentiment
Ink - Distress Oxide Salty Ocean
Paper - white cs, silver glitter cs, blue with silver dots tissue paper
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - SSS thin frame die, Memory Box star of wonder die, unknown tree die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - white shimmer cs, black cs, mixed media cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - white embossing powder, MFT pierced square frame die, Spellbinders label die, Paper Roses snowflake stencil, blue shimmer acrylic paint, Cosmic Shimmer sparkle paste


14 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Susan, I do love that tissue paper and your fine outline die :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tissue paper made such a great background and the wrinkles made dimension for the trees. The gold sparkles and it looks elegant. I like the sparkle on the snowflakes and that cool shape for the sentiment. The font for the sentiment is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both blue cards are so pretty and extra loving the tissue paper and fine frame on the first Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely festive snippets cards here! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a calm, pretty scene! Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, two incredibly lovely and elegant cards! of course i'm bound to say the stenciled snowflakes are my favorite and truly that sparkly paste is incredibly FAB! (on the other hand that every so slightly textural tissue paper is absolutely inspired for a background!) so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES stenciling fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tissue paper is awesome, Susan! It makes a perfect background for the white trees and silver glitter frame and star! Love the sparkly embossed snowflakes! Another perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love them both ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards, Susan! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love blue with snowflakes! Two gorgeous cards, Susan. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Carol and me, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both blue Christmas cards are beautiful, Susan! The tissue paper background is awesome (first card)! I can imagine the pretty shimmer and sparkle of the second card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two gorgeous cards Susan - I do so love the rich blue on your snippets card with the striking white and silver.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely pair of cards, Susan and I would be hard pressed to pick a favourite! Both have such a quiet and still feel to them, perfect for a snowy night.
    Thanks for sharing with Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beautiful blue Christmas cards Susan. LOVE the tissue paper background on the first ... it gives it so much texture from the folds. And your sparkly snowflakes are so pretty over the soft blue of your second card. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.