A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 19 March 2022

Snowed In

Time for a new Peace on Earth Challenge with a great mood board to inspire you.  It inspired me to make this card:


I embossed a piece of white cs with the TH brick wall embossing folder and then rubbed Distress Fired Brick ink over the raised areas.  I die cut the door twice and glued it together for more substance; likewise die cut the sled twice out of brown cs.  Glued both to the brick wall background and added copper nailhead embellishment as a door handle.

I didn't like the bottom of the card so tore a strip of white cs, stamped the sentiment on it, and added it on top - makes it look as if the people are snowed in with the snow coming up against the door!

To make it look more Christmas-like, I punched a few little pine sprigs from decorative paper, glued them together to make a swag for the door, and added a red bow.

Here's the Peace on Earth inspiration board (you can see that I was inspired by the photo on the upper right):


We'd love to have you join us with either an "anything Christmas goes" card or something inspired by the mood board!








Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Distress Fired Brick
Paper - white and brown cs, patterned green dp
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix Tim Holtz brick wall embossing folder, Memory Box door die, Penny Black sled die, Martha Stewart pine branch punch, red metallic cord, nailhead embellishment

12 comments:

  1. Oh Susan this is AWESOME! Love how you did the brick background and the snowy front is perfect! Nicely done my friend! Love it!! Have a great day and thanks for awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! That brick does look like an old building. Great job on that! That sled is the perfect final touch! I also really like the "snow" you added even if it was just to cover something you didn't like. You always did a fantastic job arranging greens too- something I just can't seem to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome scene! Love the brick wall! If this was a photo inspiration challenge, you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at the brick, Susan! Swiping red ink is dangerous but you managed it perfectly! Love the greenery hung on the door and the sled! A beautiful Christmas scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 'snowed in' effect and the texture from the brick. Fabulous Winter scene Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brick wall is just the perfect backdrop to show off your white door adorned with some Christmas greenery. Love the sled resting against the bright. Fabulous card, my freind! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the brick wall...makes the card!!!...you do great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've captured that brick wall perfectly. It looks so authentic. Your thinking to create this card for Christmas is so inspiring and you added great touches to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fired brick on the TH embossing folder. It looks so realistic. It is one of my favorite EF but would never thought of the fired brick. I love the addition of the door, sled and snow. Perfect little scene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your brick background is awesome, what a great take on the mood board and a fabulously designed card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Christmas card Susan. Popped over here from Di’s Pixies Crafty Workshop blog to see what you’ve been up to!!! X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.