A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 10 March 2022

Spring Rain

The Paper Players challenge is "Spring is in the Air".  And We Love Stamping wants "Anything Stamped Spring".  Here in Vancouver spring is not just snowdrops and crocuses, but a fair bit of rain, wind, and mud.  So here's my spring card:


I created the background with blue and a tiny bit of brown Bister on coated cs. When dry, I stamped the woman and sentiment with black StazOn. I tried to get the puddles at the bottom of the woman on the brown part - mud puddles seem to be a big part of spring around here (and my dog loves them!).  I added some grey Nuvo drops to represent raindrops but they don't show up that well in the photo.

The Paper Players

We Love Stamping "Anything (stamped) Spring"









Supplies:
Stamps - Deep Red woman, Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - StazOn black
Paper - white and black cs, coated cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue and brown Bister, grey Nuvo drops, fun foam

12 comments:

  1. Yes that looks like Scotland too Susan x. A fabulous and unique take on the 'Spring' theme and I love it x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wind has been horrible this year. That's a great card to show it. I love that image and it could be me without the hat, fishnets and heels. Maybe support socks and tennis shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the blustery part of spring beautifully! I love the mix of media and the black silhouette is so stylish and fun! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! You've captured the weather perfectly with those bisters! It is exactly as it is here in the spring! Fabulous job on this including the Bister colors you chose to create it! Love the addition of the mud. I may just have to have that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic, Susan! You have captured blowing rain and mud perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your muddy puddles are perfect, yes we had rain and snow today :) great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great take on Spring, we'e had the rain and the winds this year, thanks so much for sharing at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome, a mixture of March winds and April showers. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Vancouver spring card, Susan! The brown Bister looks amazing and the women's image pops beautifully!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both your card and your comment about spring brought a smile to my face, here in the UK it is also wet and windy a lot of the time. Fab card, thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that background you've created with the bisters, Susan. That definitely looks like a typical day here. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i HAVE A STAMP SIMILAR TO THIS ONE. IT IS BY dEEP rED sTAMPS. GREAT CARD.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.