A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 15 March 2022

Dry Embossed Pine Branch

I've got a Christmas card today for a couple of challenges.  Just Us Girls wants to see "Embossing Folders" and the ABC Christmas Challenge has "E for Embossing".


I really like Jennifer McGuire's technique with embossing folders.  See this video for details.

I embossed bright green foil cs with the TH pine branch embossing folder, then sanded the raised part, exposing the white cs underneath the green foil layer.

I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment on vellum and wrapped the strip around the foil panel, then mounted on a white card base. I added a little silver bow to the top of the branch.

Just Us Girls

ABC Christmas Challenge  "E for Embossing"







Supplies:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs, vellum, green foil cs
Size - A2
Accessories - TH embossing folder, clear embossing powder, silver ribbon

12 comments:

  1. the branch looks amazing after sanding. love the card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vibrancy of the green foil and the technique looks fabulous Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shine is beautiful and the pine branch almost looks silver after you sanded it. What a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan... I love this card! Thank you so much for sharing the technique... and for joining Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossing makes such a standout piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got fabulous results with this technique, Susan! I love how it makes the pine branch look covered in snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the shimmery green and the frosty pine sprigs! This is a wonderful card, Susan and I'm so happy to see it in the Just Us Girls gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING card Susan. LOVE the green foil with sanded design. Perfect technique for this image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing effect! I haven’t tried foil yet, but this card is getting me to want to try it. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great technique and I love the shine on this stylish design! Gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing pine branch, Susan! I love this card. You got wonderful results with the technique, especially the sanded raised part. It looks like snow is covering the branch.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Susan. I like the pine branch and the bright green colour. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.