A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 25 March 2022

A Horse, a Rabbit, and Some Chicks

An animal twofer today.

For The Male Room "Animals" challenge:


A simple stamped and heat embossed image, trimmed and set on an embossed rustic wood background.

And next up, for the Day of the Month Card Challenge "Poultry Day", some sweet chicks modelling the little sweaters the bunny is knitting for them:


I loved watercolouring this image - such fun to give all the little chicks different coloured sweaters.  I popped the panel up on some fun foam and added a Happy Easter sentiment.

The Male Room


Day of the Month Card Club

 

I'll be back with more of my endless Christmas cards next post!

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Serendipity Mustang, PTI sentiment
Ink - Versafine Vintage Sepia
Paper - white and brown cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Cuttlebug embossing folder, clear embossing powder

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - House Mouse "Will Knit for Friends", unknown sentiment
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam


12 comments:

  1. two great cards, I know you have so many horsy friends who would love the first card and a bunch of knitters who would love the second :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that gorgeous horse image ... perfect done in brown ink with the wood embossed background. Really shows off the beauty of the stamp. Your knitting bunny with the chicks is so adorable, Susan. That last little chick is anxiously waiting for his sweater so he can be warm too. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning image of the horse, love the background paper on htis Super card. Love your rabbit and chicks also. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animals challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the horse image on your masculine card Susan...what a perfect card for a guy or horse lover!! And your House Mouse card just totally makes me smile!! That image is just ADORABLE and you've water colored it just beautifully...a perfect card for Easter!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Easter colors of the bunny knitting as well as that fabulous mustang image! The mustang looks incredible with the wood looking background. Two great cards, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a handsome horse, Susan! I love how you left him stamped and not colored in. The bunny is a sweet friend to knit all those sweaters for her chick friends! Adorable card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a striking tonal horse card and the most adorable Easter card. That cute little chick can't wait for his new jumper too Susann x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That horse looks so authentic, his eyes pull you in. I love House Mouse and this image is adorable. The chicks are so cute in their pretty sweaters but the one watching is saying "Hurry up with mine". That is a sweet scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the spring it can still be a bit chilly from time to time, so a small sweater like this is very useful. You show us a very charming card. Glad you joined us at DotMCC again. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've made two beautiful cards! I have that first stamp and it's definitely a favorite of mine. I like the card you've made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card you made :-))
    Thanks for playing with us at TheMaleRoom 🧡

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always loved your horse stamp and had my eye on it for such a long time. I may just have to have it. LOVE the chicks in their little sweaters! Two great cards, Susan! No clue why I could not see this earlier but it's finally there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.