A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 12 March 2022

Blue and Yellow


The Color Hues challenge is asking for either blue and yellow (in support of Ukraine) or green and gold.  I posted a green and gold one a few days ago, and today I'm here with a blue and yellow one.

For the butterfly, I smooshed on a piece of cs with three Distress Oxide inks. Then I stamped the butterfly on it (and heat embossed it), and then fussy cut it.

I used embossing paste through a stencil for a background for the butterfly.

Color Hues








Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black butterfly, SU sentiment
Ink - Distress Oxide Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed; Versafine Clair Nocturne, ColorBox white
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Dreamweaver Pearlescent paste, Donna Downey Flower Bed stencil, white and clear embossing powders

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful butterfly and loving the pearlescent stencil paste on the background Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card Susan! Your blue & yellow butterfly is so pretty with the smooshed ink, and looks wonderful against that pearlized stenciled background! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background is stunning. I love the texture of it! The butterfly looks awesome mounted over it and the coloring is beautiful. I love the look smooshing gives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Susan, I love the muted colour of your stenciling as the background for your butterfly ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Susan!! Love that pearlescent embossing paste stenciling in the background. Your butterfly is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite butterflies and I LOVE how you've colored it, Susan! Great background too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.