A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 2 March 2022

A Sweet Bunny and Chicks, and Some Snowflakes

Just Us Girls challenge has an adorable photo challenge this week.  Here's my card for it:

Here's the challenge photo:


Inspired by the bunny ears, I used a bunny instead of a pup and then I used the pinks and purples of the flowers from the photo for the knitting on my image.  I'm a knitter so I really love this image.

It's watercoloured, trimmed with a stitched rectangle die, and popped up on fun foam.

And one more card for today:

Addicted to CAS challenge and Christmas Kickstart Challenge want to see snowflakes so here's one big snowflake:

The background is very simple - blue Brushos shaken on coated cs and spritzed with water. Once dry, I put it the MISTI and stamped and heat embossed the snowflake in white and the sentiment in navy blue. I bordered the panel with navy cs and used a light cream shimmer card base.

       

 








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - House Mouse Designs "Will Knit for Friends"
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, PTI vintage cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Colorado Craft Co. snowflake, unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white, Versafine Clair Twilight
Paper - coated cs, cream shimmer cs, navy cs
Size - A2
Accessories - clear and white embossing powders, blue Brushos


12 comments:

  1. Your little knitting bunny is so cute. Love the chicks in their sweaters :) and your snowflake is perfect CAS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable first card and love that cute image Susan. I like the oversized snowflake on the second wonderful card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cute knitting bunny is perfect for the challenge inspiration Susan and the little chicks in their knit eggs made me laugh! Your big snowflake is beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bunny with her chicks in those little knit sweaters is SO cute! I thought they were eggs at first, then realized she was knitting them sweaters! Adorable! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous snowflake card. I love the background you created with the Brushos. Very frosty! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan... OmGosh! Your knitting bunny is the cutest image! Those wee chicks running around in their sweaters are priceless. Your coloring is just beautiful. I just love this card! Thank you so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your knitting bunny made me smile! What a darling image, Susan! Love those little chicks in sweaters too. Fantastic job on the snowflake card too against that wonderful Brusho background! Two great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - so elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sweet bunny and chicks! Love the knitting! This snowflake is beautiful on the blue Brusho background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet bunny with chicks, Susan - love your coloring!! And what a gorgeous snowflake and I love the background too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo cute, Susan! The chicks wearing a sweater the bunny knit look so adorable.
    The shiny white snowflake looks amazing against the blue Brusho background. Love that you used navy blue for the boarder and the sentiment.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your beautiful snowflake really pops on this lovely card, Susan! The brusho background adds such a lot of interest with the different colours, and I love that the card could be used for other winter occasions too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at the Winter Kickstart Challenge.
    Hugs
    Carol x
    PS love that adorable bunny card too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.