A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 9 March 2022

Green Holly, Gold Stars

The Color Hues challenge is asking for either blue and yellow (in support of Ukraine) or green and gold.  Today I'm posting a card in green and gold, but I'll be back with a blue and yellow in the next day or two.

I created a whole sheet of stamping using this video: Split 4 Stamping Technique by Creative Treehouse.

I layered two swirly stamps, one holly, one stars, over each other.  I then cut the panel into four equally sized pieces.  But rather than using the four pieces to make four cards like in the video, I trimmed down one of the pieces to make the above card.

I die cut two pieces with square openings, one out of a white piece that has the sentiment stamped on it and is die cut into a rectangle with a stitched die, and the other out of gold shimmer cs that has a smaller square opening.  I layered the white and gold squares over my stamping, added it all to the card base, and embellished with a few tiny gold die cut stars to add extra interest.

I then used another piece to make one of the tags in this photo:

 

I still have two pieces left to either make into full cards like Robin does in her video or to use in some other way.

Color Hues









Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black Winter Bough and sentiment, unknown star swirl stamp
Ink - Distress Pine Needles, Delicata Golden Glitz
Paper - gold shimmer and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders square dies, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, tiny star die

6 comments:

  1. I love that you created a Christmas card using the colors. Those swirls are so fun. Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of stamps both are so delicate and love the mix of green and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty use of gold and green, Susan! Great idea to do Christmas! Looking forward to your next card and thanks for playing at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two pretty swirly stamps and combining them made a great card. That is a cute sentiment font too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All swirly and so very pretty Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to stamp two different swirly stamps, Susan! A pretty Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.