A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 18 March 2022

Christmas Music and Christmas Tree

Getting more Christmas cards done on a dreary drizzly day!

First up for Jingle Belles "something musical on your card", I have musical dp, a horn, and a line from a Christmas carol:


Stamped, coloured with coloured pencils (including a metallic gold one for the horn), trimmed with a stitched square die, popped up on fun foam on a musical dp.

For the Cardz 4 Guyz "Slimline Card" challenge, I did a Christmas card that I think would be fine for a guy:


I put some double sided tape on cs and added foil to it, then die cut my tree. I die cut it a second time from scrap cs and glued them together to give the tree more dimension.

I cut a top panel for the card and ran it through an embossing folder - because the embossing folder is meant for A2 cards, it left an unembossed area at the bottom that was perfect for the sentiment.

Jingle Belles

jingle belles

Cardz 4 Guyz

Cardz 4 Guyz







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - SU rocking horse, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Archival Acorn
Paper - white cs, musical dp
Size - 5.75" square
Accessories - coloured pencils, fun foam, Lil Inker stitched square die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Distress Oxide Faded Jeans
Paper - white cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - Impression Obsession fir tree die, Deco emerald foil, Cuttlebug embossing folder


9 comments:

  1. More fun! That teddy on the rocking horse is so adorable. What a fun challenge! And your foiled tree is beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards Susan! That rocking horse and teddy bear are so cute and I love the musical background dsp too! Your foil Christmas tree against the all white snowy slimline background is wonderful and just perfect for a guy card! I have fallen so far behind in making Christmas cards lately and have really been going for the flower cards...probably because I am tired of Winter and ready for Spring! (Rainy and cold here today!) Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tall Christmas tree is stunning!! Thanks for joining the fun over at Cardz 4 Guyz and playing along with our "slim line card" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet teddy blowing his trumpet! Love the foiled tree! Perfect for a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. two great cards Susan, your little bear is so cute and a great masculine card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love that foiled tree.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow BOTH of these are incredibly lovely, but of course i'm bound to say the trumpeting teddy bear is my fave, right?! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES musical fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that rocking horse teddy. He reminds me of the bears I used to collect. And that tree is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that fun little trumpet ... so very glad you joined our musical celebration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.