A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 3 February 2022

A Winter Scene

It's time for a new CAS Christmas challenge.  This time Christine is our host and she wants to see a winter scene on your card.  Here's what I made:



I used up a scrap of a snowy background I'd made.  It just fit behind the Memory Box Evergreen Window die so I used that to die cut my front panel.  I added a matching blue heat embossed sentiment and popped the panel up on fun foam.

Head over to CAS Christmas to see more inspiration from our Design Team and this month's talented Guest Designer, Izzy (Izzy Scrap).  You have until February 24th to show us your CAS winter scenes.








Supplies:
Stamps - Stampabilities sentiment
Ink - ColorBox True Blue
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box Evergreen Window die, clear embossing powder, fun foam

18 comments:

  1. Blue and white are favorite Christmas colors (or any time for that matter!) of mine, so I really love this, Susan. All that wonderful clean white space looks like freshly fallen snow! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet winter scene, Susan! I love that you matched your sentiment with the background and your stitched border is fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sentiment that lines up so nicely under your die cut rectangle Susan - a lovely row of snowy pines with the blue snowy sky behind! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Winter scene you've created Susan with that row of snowy pine trees and beautiful blue sky...we've got all the snow here in West Michigan, but no blue skies...just COLD and gray skies!! I like your scene much better!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bright blue background and matching sentiment! So pretty with the die cut forest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love using scraps for backgrounds and this die makes it perfect. Love the card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your background, the blue is just fabulous! And a perfect setting for the row of trees in the forest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. White and blue, my favourite combo for...everything ! So needless to say that I love your card with that wonderful background and that beautiful frame ! It makes such a stunning CAS card. Thanks so much for the warm welcome and for having me guesting with you this month. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful holiday card, Susan! I love the blue BG for the line of trees! Sue N

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, your blue background is so perfect for you lovely trees die. Beautiful wintery card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your winter scene card is so beautiful, Susan! I love the shade of the blue of the background, and the color pops from behind the white die-cut tree window. Great job of matching the ink color of the sentiment! The shine of the heat-embossing is pretty!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply beautiful snowy night sky with die cut trees Winter scene, Susan. Wonderful sentiment that matches your night sky. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that die Susan, and the vibrant snowy sky behind it is lovely, gorgeous shade of blue, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your colour combo! 😉💙🤍 The white evergreen diecut trees pop so beautifully against it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Susan. I love the blue background with the die cut trees.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crisp and beautiful Winter scene and I am loving the co-ordinating colour of the sentiment too Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Susan! I bought this same die a long time ago because I saw you use it ... and it is still a favourite of mine. LOVE it with your gorgeous blue sky ... the colour is amazing. And so perfect with the sentiment stamped in blue as well. Great design, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's always worth looking through your scraps! I must remember to switch up the colours of inks for greetings. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.