A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 17 February 2022

Icy Winter Scene

Here's a reminder card for the CAS Christmas February challenge "Winter Scene":

I stamped the trees / fence image and sentiment in dark brown, added a die cut reindeer (cut from dark bronze shimmer cs), drew some "ground" under the reindeer with a brown coloured pencil, bordered the panel with the dark bronze shimmer cs, and popped it up on fun foam.  To add the icy feeling, I went over the trees, fence boards, and lines on the ground with a Quickie glue pen and added glitter.  It's more glittery in real life - just so hard to photograph.

If you'd like to join us with your "winter scene" Christmas card, you have until February 24th.  Please visit CAS Christmas for more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.








Supplies:
Stamps - Serendipity trees / fence, SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves
Paper - white cs, dark bronze shimmer cs
Size - 5" square
Accessories - Impression Obsession reindeer die, brown pencil, fun foam

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful winter scene Susan stamped in brown, bronze shimmer and snowy glitter! Great job drawing the ground under the deer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stamp is so beautiful Susan and the addition of the deer makes a wonderful Christmas card. Love all the shadowing and grounding you added ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful winter scene you made using only dark brown, Susan! The shimmery deer is a wonderful addition to the scene. I can imagine the pretty sparkle of the glitter.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Winter scene Susan, and I bet all the sparkle in real life makes this card even more sparkly and beautiful!! Lovely, lovely peaceful Winter scene my friend! Hugs and hope you have a wonderful weekend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect and peaceful winter scene and I love the bronze shimmer Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scene, Susan. Adding glitter is a wonderful touch and I love how you did the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful winter scene Susan! I LOVE the bronze / brown with white. The glitter snow makes the whole card sparkle. Great masculine Christmas card too (or for anyone!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful winter scene card, Susan ! We can easily feel the icy weather with all this sparkle white snow. Poor deer, I'm not sure he will find something to eat ! Thanks for having me guest design with you all for this challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful winter scene. The non-traditional brown/bronze colour palette is so cool and unique… and so appropriate for your scene. The icy glittery snow is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this peaceful scene, Susan! The deer is a perfect fit with the fenceline stamp! Love all that shimmer that looks so icy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the glitter on your lovely wintery scene. So pretty, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great winter scene Susan, I have this Serendipity stamp and love what you've done with it. The deer looks perfect with it, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.