A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 21 February 2022

Puppy with a Stocking

The Jingle Belles Challenge is called "Stocking Holiday" and has a photo prompt that inspired me to make a card using the colours from the photo and using an image that has a stocking in it.


It's a simple stamped and watercoloured image, trimmed with a wonky stitched die, and popped up on fun foam on a red card base.

Here's the photo prompt so that you can see where I got my inspiration for the red of the card base and stocking, the aqua blue of the dog's bed, and the golden tan colour of the dog:


 
Be sure to read the sign the dog is holding - as someone who much prefers dogs over cats, it makes me smile!







Supplies:
Stamps - Hobby Art "A Christmas Tail"
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watecolour paper, red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, MFT wonky stitched rectangle die, fun foam

7 comments:

  1. So totally adorable Susan! Love how you've picked up the colours from the inspiration photo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could that pup be any cuter, relaxed on his back. A fun card and always blame the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an adorable card, and such a sweet image. i love how you've used the photo for inspiration and taken it in such a fun direction! so pleased you could join our fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable, I love that stamp and great watercolouring ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card made me smile too Susan....Thank you x. Such an adorable card x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable Christmas card, Susan! Love this pup who's covering all his bases with Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable, Susan! I love the doggie holding up a sign. He makes me laugh. :-D
    You used the colors in the photo for your card very well!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.