A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 18 February 2022

More Valentines

I've been loving making Valentines this year!  Here are three more.

For Double D "Shades of Pink":


I had a scrap of background that was made by smooshing with pink Oxide inks. I die cut the Cupid (or is it just a fairy?  I guess Cupid has to have an arrow) and hearts from it. I used a scrap of pink grosgrain ribbon to create something for the fairy / Cupid to sit on, glued the leg and hand down, and popped up the wing and head with foam tape. The whole panel is popped up on fun foam.

And for Casology "Affection":


I put the flower stems stamp in my MISTI and inked it up with Tombow markers, stamping onto white cs, and reinking and restamping until I was happy with the results. I die cut it with the Memory Box heart die that has stitching on the outside part of the die, but not on the actual heart. I used the same die on linen cs, leaving the heart in place, and then layering my stamped heart on top. I added a dark red die cut sentiment and popped the panel up on fun foam.

And finally for The Flower Challenge "Occasions" - my occasion is Valentine's Day.

 I stamped the flower from SU Elements of Style set and coloured it with coloured pencils.  I die cut the stitched heart frame out of the top layer and set it over the flowers on fun foam for dimension.

Challenges:

Double D "Shades of Pink"

 

Casology "Affection"

The Flower Challenge "Occasions"

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - Memento Rosebud, pink Oxide inks
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - pink grosgrain ribbon, small hearts die, Cupid / fairy die, foam tape, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black Grateful Whisper
Paper - dark red, white, and white linen cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Tombow markers, Tim Holtz love die, Memory Box Double Stitch Heart die, fun foam

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - SU Elements of Style, Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box Double Stitch heart die, coloured pencils, fun foam

14 comments:

  1. Oh Susan this Valentine is so, so sweet! Love your other two cards also ... beautifully done!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Shades of Pink’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all so pretty. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL you cards are so very beautiful! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I remember that pretty SU set, your card is beautiful, love the stitched heart as a frame for this lovely bouquet.
    Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy! All three cards are so well done! I particularly love the two hearts showing your beautifully colored floral images. Amazing that you have completed so many of them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the the cupid/fairy card so much with the blowing hearts. A cute design. The heart cards are lovely, with such pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three beauties, Susan. LOVE that cupid and hearts from the smooshed paper. Just so sweet! And love the two heart die-cut cards with the stamping and stamping/pencil colouring. All three cadrs are beatuiful and your friend is going to be thrilled. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great set of cards! I think the heart blowing cupid/fairy is so sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful cards Susan, I do love your coloured flowers in the heart XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three more gorgeous valentines, Susan! I've enjoyed seeing all you valentines as much as you've enjoyed making them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, I haven't used Elements of Style in A.G.E.S
    you made some very pretty cards. My favorite is the Affection one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All three V-day cards are fantastic, Susan! The smooshed ink pattern is so pretty and perfect for the fairy/Cupid, the subtle linen texture goes well with the marker ink stamped flowers, and the pencil colored bright flowers pop beautifully from behind the heart-shaped window.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three fabulous and romantic Valentine's card and extra loving the sweet cupid/fairy one blowing those heart kisses x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful designs. All pretty in shades of pink I love the cupid blowing hearts. Thanks for taking time to create for us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your creations.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.