A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 4 February 2022

Cozy Pup

For the Penny Black Saturday Challenge "Something New":


A new stamp set (new to me, not sure how new it is for Penny Black) full of the wonderful PB critters.  A simple card, stamped, watercoloured, trimmed, with a thin red inlaid border, and a bit of fun flock added to the hat.  

The image reminds me of my dog, Tessa, curled up in her dog bed "guarding" one of my socks that she loves to steal.

Here's a photo of her:
 


Penny Black Saturday Challenge "Anything Goes or Something New"









Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, red and cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, SSS thin rectangle frame die, fun flock

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you found a stamp that perfectly mimics Tessa! She looks so adorable and how cute she takes your sock and sleeps with it. Dogs are wonderful companions. Lovely water color and the pop of red of the frame is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pup looks so cozy and a perfect illustration of Tessa with your sock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That image is adorable, Susan! Outstanding job water coloring it too. You are so right- it does mime Tessa perfectly! Fun card and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This adorable card put a smile on my face, Susan! I think that pup stamp was made for you! :-) I can tell your love for Tessa and your sweet memories of her from the card.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, that's such a cute image- I might have to borrow that one :) love the card and the pic of Tess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tessa and her guarding your sock is super cute and super adorable....And.....so is your card Susan...LOL x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This stamp is a perfect reflection of your sweet little doggie! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us a Penny Black Saturday Challenge. I hope you will join us for the February Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.