A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 7 February 2022

Icy Snowflakes

I'm trying a challenge I've never entered before - The Funkie Junkie challenge.  The current one is "Icy and Cold" and seemed perfect as I needed to make a thank you card for my neighbours who did all my snow shovelling for me during our recent snowfalls (for health reasons, I'm not allowed to do any snow shovelling).  Here's the card I made for them:

I started by laying a snowflake mask down on mixed media cs and sparayed with various blue, grey, and silver sprays.  Once that was dry, I laid a snowflake stencil over it and used a glittery paste through it.  Trimmed it, popped it up on fun foam, die cut "thanks" in black and its shadow die in white, and stamped "just a note of" on a scrap of white cs.

It's quite outside of my usual style but I'm really happy with the results.  And it definitely looks icy and cold to me!

Funkie Junkie Challenge "Icy and Cold"








Supplies:
Stamps -
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - black, white, and mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box Delicate Snowflake mask, unknown snowflake stencil, sprays, glitter paste, fun foam, shadow thanks die

11 comments:

  1. Icy and cold and a wonderful mixed media card, which is so pretty Susan. What kind neighbours you have x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card for the occasion, Susan! Love these sparkly snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG..Gorgeous snowflake masked, sprayed and stenciled snowflakes with pretty glittery paste background, Susan. Your shadow Thank You was all you needed to finish your beautiful card. Your friends will love your card:-) You were channeling our friend Christine with your design...in fact when I 1st saw your beauty I thought it was a Christine card:-) TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! An excellent example of mixed media layering and you can bet you achieved an icy look too. I came back to look at this one several times. Love this one! I hope you made several more backgrounds like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, it's perfectly icy and cold! How kind of your neighbors to shovel for you too. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! The sprays give it a wonderful icy feel along with the beautiful snowflakes. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your glittery snowflakes look so icy with the sparkly crystal paste. the perfect Thank you card for the snow shoveling help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty card! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shimmery goodness! The snowflake effect is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful neighbor you have and this card is so thoughtful and fits the occasion perfectly. It is icy and sparkly and oh, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeously icy card for your kind neighbors, Susan! I love the card and I'm sure they will too. The snowflake masked and sprayed background is stunning and the sparkle of the glitter paste snowflakes is so pretty!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.