A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 5 February 2022

A Peaceful Poinsettia

It's time for the new Peace on Earth Christmas card challenge.  It's an "anything goes as long as it's Christmas" but there is a mood board to inspire you if you choose to use it.  I used it to create this very soft pink poinsettia:


I stamped the poinsettia and sentiment in grey ink and watercoloured the poinsettia with shades of pink.  I added a tiny bit of subtle grey splatter, bordered with a matte silver cs, popped it up on fun foam, and added silver nailhead embellishments to the centre of the flower.

Here's the mood board that inspired me (I chose the two bottom photos for colour and for the poinsettia):


Please come and join us!  We'd love to see you getting your Christmas card stash built up well ahead of time!  There's lots more inspiration from the Design Team at the Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.







Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Archival Watering Can
Paper - watercolour paper, white and matte silver cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, silver nailhead embellishments, fun foam

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Susan and love how you let the pretty and soft colors of my mood board inspire you!
    Diane co-owner and designer for POE {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS Poinsettia card Susan! I love your soft pink water coloring and the silver details...lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the softness of your water coloring ... absolutely beautiful inspiration! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pink poinsettia is so pretty, Susan! A perfect take on this wonderful mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft pinks and greys watercolored poinsettia is so pretty, Susan:-) TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the soft pinks and light greys you chose for your poinsettia XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful water colored poinsettia. Love how you let it shine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The loose water colouring looks so pretty and I absolutely love your pink poinsettia Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all things poinsettia, and yours is just gorgeous in the gray and pink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.