A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 31 January 2022

Pink Valentine and Blue Birthday

A Twofer today.  For the Tic Tac Challenge, I have this Valentine card:


The background is created using the Alcohol Marker Marbling technique (tutorial here on SCS).  I used three different pink alcohol markers and followed the steps in the tutorial.

I added a die cut heart and sentiment to it, trimmed the panel, and popped it up on fun foam.

I now have a ton of tiny white hearts - wondering what to do with those....

I will need a birthday card for a nephew in March so The Male Room challenge ("For a Teenager") got me to get it made in plenty of time.  And I'll add it to Seize the Birthday ("Embossing" - I used embossing paste).


Love this crazy owl with his one large eye and one small eye! Stamped, coloured, and fussy cut the owl, the hat, and the gift. Popped them up on the background (I used embossing paste through a stencil and, when dry, I sprayed it blue), and added a sentiment on a banner.

 

Tic Tac Toe Challenge (I used the left hand vertical row)

 

The Male Room

 

Seize the Birthday


 

 







Supplies for card 1:
Paper - coated cs, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - pink Copic markers, rubbing alcohol, Tim Holtz love die, heart die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Tim Holtz bird and accessories
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Paper - white and black cs, mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - markers, blue spray, stencil, embossing paste

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely love both of these! So bright and happy. Take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effect with the technique on your first card and a fun teenagers card on the second Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very nice cards, Susan! The birthday card's background looks so good! Love how you varied the tone of blue. Super job with our topping and card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards, you reminded me it's been along time since I used my crazy birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that marbled background Sue - it highlights your diecut heart beautifully! Thanks for playing along with us over at TicTacToe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great two-fer challenge cards!!! Love the pink background and the owl is perfect for a teen. Thanks so much for playing along with our embossing challenge over at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful pink background, Susan! I've never done this technique, but can see it's one I need to get to! It makes such a pretty valentine! Love the embossing and crazy owl of the second card! A great card for a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to do the background and it is beautiful. I love the crazy bird card and the Valentine is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two wonderful cards Susan! The marbled background on the Valentine shows off the lacy heart beautifully. Thanks for coming to play at Tic Tac Toe :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic card you made :-))
    Thanks for playing with us at TheMaleRoom this time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Male Room challange.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.