A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 31 March 2021

Learn about Butterflies Day

The Day of the Month Card Club wants butterflies for "Learn About Butterflies Day".


I made a quick smooshed background with various oxide inks and then stenciled a bit of texture over it with grey ink. I stamped, watercoloured, and fussy cut the butterfly, using the colours from the image on the challenge thread. I glued the butterfly body to the background and popped the wings up with foam tape. The background is mounted on the card base with fun foam.

 

Day of the Month Card Club "Learn about Butterflies Day" 









Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black butterfly, SU sentiment
Ink - various Distress Oxide inks, Memento London Fog, Archival Jet Black
Paper - mixed media and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - TCW Tile Texture stencil, watercolour paints, fun foam, foam tape

8 comments:

  1. Artsy and wonderful smooshed background and Wow to the stunning butterfly Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colors on this are just spectacular. It grabbed me the minute I saw it. I love how well you matched the background to your coloring of the butterly. Great card, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous butterfly Susan, wonderful colouring and the muted colours of your background create a perfect frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite butterfly stamps, Susan! I love how you've colored it and the background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your smooshed and stenciled background is lovely and that butterfly is awesome. You colored it beautifully and it just looks ready to launch right off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Your background and butterfly are absolutely fabulous!! Such beautiful colors and great stenciling!! Thank you so much for playing along with DotMCC. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous butterfly Susan. I LOVE the bold colours. So pretty overtop of your amazing smooshed and stenciled background. A real WOW! card, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow (again)! Absolutely gorgeous, Susan! Love the artsy watercolor/smooshed background as much as the exquisite butterfly!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.