A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 29 March 2021

An Inspired Window with a Wreath

I was looking at the SCS Inspiration Challenge on the weekend and saw an image that immediately inspired this card:


The inspiration was from a Pinterest page for a company called HomeBNC.  Here's the photo that inspired me:

Here are the steps for creating my card:
 

I took a piece of wood grain cs and lightly rubbed Frayed Burlap Distress ink over it to make the wood grain show up more.

I die cut the window twice and glued them together for more dimension and painted patches of Hickory Smoke Distress ink on the top one to give it a more rustic aged look.

I created the wreath by die cutting a thin circle and punch many pine branches with the old Martha Stewart punch out of various dps that were mostly green. I glued them to the circle, added it to the window, and added a few white pearl embellishments.

I finished with a vertical sentiment stamped in Hickory Smoke on a narrow strip edged with more Hickory Smoke ink.

 

As well as the SCS challenge, I'm adding it to:

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Wood Background

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - Distress Frayed Burlap and Hickory Smoke
Paper - wood grain and white cs, various green dps
Size - 6.25x3.25"
Accessories - Martha Stewart pine branch punch, window die, pearl embellishments

9 comments:

  1. Love that woodgrain and all the detail in your wreath. What a fiddle that must have been, but worth it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful texture, Susan! Love, love, love this wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GORGEOUS wreath Susan and it reminds me that somewhere I have that Martha Stewart punch that hasn't seen the light of day in ages!! What beautiful depth and dimension all those punched branches give to your wreath and they look fabulous against your window and woodgrain background! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, your wreath is so full and leafy and looks beautiful. I can almost smell it. Great woodgrain and lovely window. Reminds me I need to wash the windows so I'll be able to see the sunshine that I know is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your card Susan! It looks just like the inspiration photo. The wreath is so pretty and I know it's a lot of work to make it, but it really is the star of your card. Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an eye catching card and your wreath and the design of the card look amazing Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sprig wreaths are gorgeous against the woodgrain background. Giving it a rustic look is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and fantastiv wreath ! Thanks for playing at 52cct

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, inspired by the photo, Susan! The card looks so much like the photo! Love your fantastic wreath! It's a wonderful idea to use the ink and show the wood grain more clearly.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.