A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 23 March 2021

F is for Frosty Friends

Another Christmas card today:


I used one of my never-before-used Penny Black stamps. The image is watercoloured and then I added fun flock to the pompom and brim of the hat.  This one is popped up straight onto fun foam onto a kraft card base.  I kept all the colouring in kraft tones and red for the CAS Christmas challenge.

I made a second version while all the supplies were out, added in a wee bit of green, and bordered it with red cs before popping it up on fun foam:


Does the image look better with or without the red border?

Off to these challenges:

CAS Christmas

 

The Paper Players

 

Christmas Cards All Year Round - "Something that Starts with E or F" - mine is "frosty friends" 

NBUS Challenge - I used a never-before-used stamp.

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, kraft and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun flock, fun foam

15 comments:

  1. Two adorable cards using this fun image Susan. Both are coloured to perfection, my friend. They are both wonderful, but I do like the pop of red with the thin frame. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards. Penny Black gives us so much fun. Your touch of red perks it up and blends nicely with the red on card. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an outstanding job water coloring these Susan. I wondered how you got that fuzzy look on the trim and then saw it was flock. This is well done too! Most people put too much on but yours looks soft enough to want to touch it. I love the red border on the second one tying things together nicely. Both cards are well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card...and perfectly colored! I LOVE the red border. It really sets off the image. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute Susan, your cat and bird are so adorable. Your watercolouring is perfect. I must remember to stamp a couple when I watercolour, it's a great way to add to your stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both your sweet frosty friends Christmas cards. I do like how the red border makes your image pop even more. Great to get 2 cards out of your crafting day:-) TFS Love and Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute stamp and you watercolored it so pretty. It's great to be building your stash so early in the year. I'm loving the red, white and kraft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are wonderful and what an adorable image Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are adorable. Beautifully watercolored as always. The red border really helps it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet Image and so beautifully colored, Susan! Love the fuzzies on his cap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two sweet cards, wonderfully water colored Susan - funny how just the change of one color makes a totally different look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards. I love that wonderful little image and you colored it beautifully. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are so adorable, Susan! Your watercoloring and the soft fun flock effect make the cat and bird look even more adorable!
    I think the red border and a pop of green jazzed up the scene nicely.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are both just as cute as can be, Susan! I love that you put a poser on your post! I have scrolled between the two repeatedly and I find that I like them both equally, BUT I can definitely see the difference in terms of my focus. Without the mat, my eyes are taking in the whole scene, all over; with the mat, my eyes zing right smack to the images and not so much the white space and snow shading. If that makes any sense. It was a cool lesson in drawing the eyes inwards. I hope you are doing well! Lots of hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. p.s. All that and I forgot to thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.