A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 15 March 2021

Kraft Tag, Red Poinsettias

Mid month already so time to remind you to enter the March CAS Christmas challenge.  Loll is asking for kraft, red, and white as your colour theme.  Here's my reminder card:


I started by getting out a couple of shades of red Glimmer Mist sprays and spraying them on white cs.  When it was dry, I die cut the poinsettias and layered them together.  I added them to a kraft corrugated tag, tied some red and white baker's twine to the top, and layered it on the card base.  I heat embossed the sentiment on a scrap of kraft cs and added red gemstones to both the sentiment strip and the poinsettias.


Head over to CAS Christmas to see more inspiration from the Design Team and this month's fabulous Guest Designer, Gundi (papierelle).  Please come and join us - and help us celebrate our third birthday.  Because of this milestone, there will be prizes this month!!










Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - white and kraft cs, corrugated kraft tag
Size - A2
Accessories - Dee's Distinctively poinsettia dies, red and white baker's twine, red gemstones, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Black Cherry and Oriental Poppy), white embossing powder

14 comments:

  1. When I first looked, I was thinking your tag was a sled Susan! Great texture using the corrugated card and you're poinsettias are beautiful with the shiny glimmer mist! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to chuckle at Julia's comment because I thought the same thing at first and thought your tag was a sled!! My eyes are getting old here Susan!! Upon closer inspection though, I'm in love with your corrugated kraft tag and the beautiful Poinsettias you did with the sprays...sooo pretty! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sprayed and layered poinsettia are gorgeous Susan. I love the bright red and how it plays off the deep kraft colour of your corrugated tag. Fabulous CAS design, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little corrugated tag makes a wonderful background for these rich, red poinsettias, Susan! Love the twine bow and the embossed sentiment! I think I have some of those tags in my stash. I need to see if I can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Kraft tag with the red poinsettias. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great texture using the corrugated card, I must remember to use it on my cards. Wonderful inspiration Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great texture and those poinsettias are so pretty and so is your card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Christmas card, Susan! I love how you added texture to the Poinsettia's with your Glimmer Mist sprays and that you chose a corrugated tag to showcase them...WOW! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty card...love the red with the kraft!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great design of the corrugated tag on the card front. This is so lovely and the sentiment looks so pretty too with the red embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this Kraft corrugated tag, Susan! It adds a wonderful texture and interest to the card. Your "handmade glitter" poinsettias (vs using glitter paper) are so beautiful and I especially love the rich red colors!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The poinsettia is adorable and your card is beautiful. Love the glittery poinsettias and the corrugated tag. Such an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great corrugated tag, Susan - just love the texture and all the shimmer of your poinsettias!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea to crimp your tag for extra eye appeal! And the shimmer on the flowers is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.