A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 20 March 2021

Die Cut Printed Holly


A card for a bunch of challenges:


I created the background using the technique in this month's CAS Mix Up challenge.  Instructions can be found in this video.

I die cut the long branch of holly, then watercoloured it with different shades of Zig Watercolour markers, spritzed with water, and pressed onto watercolour paper a couple of times.  I then dried my die cut and added it as the focal image.  Stamped the sentiment (it didn't come out that well as my ink was dry), popped the panel up on fun foam on a pale green shimmer card base, and added some gemstones for berries.

Off to these challenges:

CAS Mix Up Watercolour Challenge

 

52 Christmas Card Throwdown 

 

Christmas Kickstart Challenge 


 Jingle Belles "Going Green - Holiday Foliage"

Casology











Supplies:
Stamps - A Muse sentiment
Ink - Memento Cottage Ivy
Paper - watercolour paper, pale green shimmer cs
Size - 6.25x3.5"
Accessories - Memory Box Holly Vine die, fun foam, red gemstones, Zig watercolour markers

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful die cut printed background, Susan for your watercolored die cut ivy. I love your framing of your slimline Christmas card and sentiment too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The technique really makes for an arty feel to a card. I really like how it adds flow to the background which suits your die so well-like you tried this out and bet you do again! Thanks for joining CASology x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever technique! I love how you created the background - looks gorgeous. I think I've also got this die. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Every time I see this technique used I like it. One would think I would give it a go - but not yet.
    I think this makes for a perfect clean and simple Christmas card.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made a lovely print and another great Christmas card to add to your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The technique looks so pretty and what a fabulous Christmas card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the cool shadow effect ... thanks for sharing your festive foliage with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this has turned out really well, great die and it has made a fantastic background. Love the little gem detail too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your prints in the background Susan. Looks like you got at least two prints, plus the beautiful holly die-cut on top. Lovely, especially with the shimmer green card base. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this long holly branch, Susan! So perfect for a slimline card and wonderful prints! Love that shimmery green card base too! Thanks so much for sharing in our birthday celebration at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Susan. Love that die cut and the wonderful background. Those tiny gems are the perfect touch for the berries and your shimmer card stock frames it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. perfect soft stamping for the background with the holly die. Love the tiny gem berries, I really need to get some of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooooh! what a pretty and distinctive CAS card! i love the idea of stamping with the watercolored shapes to get that beautiful shadow of color in the background! so pleased you could join our foliage fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic tehnqe for cardmaking. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your printed background, what a gorgeous holly die xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have created a lovely printed background with this fantastic technique. The slimline is perfect for the long and graceful holly twig! Thank you so much for playing along at 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful Christmas card, Susan! The print in the background is soft and artsy. The long die-cut holly branch is perfect for a slimline card. The shiny berries and the shimmer from the green card base are so festive and pretty!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Your card is very beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at CASology :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.