A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 3 April 2021

A Subtle Rainbow

It's time for the April CAS Christmas challenge and this month's host, Trina, wants to see rainbows on our cards.   I created a rainbow of Christmas lights on a tree.

After stamping the tree, I coloured all the lights with coloured pencils, trying to create a rainbow of them with red ones all around the most outer edges, then a curve of orange ones, etc. going down to the violet ones closest to the trunk.  

Here's a close-up that hopefully shows the rainbow of colours better:

I added drops of Crystal Glaze to each light.  I thought "joy" was a fitting sentiment as I find the rainbow of colours very joyful.

Check out the inspiration on how to use rainbows on Christmas cards at CAS Christmas where there are wonderful cards by the Design Team and this month's fabulous Guest Designer, Izzy (Izzy Scrap blog).  Please join us with your clean and simple Christmas cards featuring a rainbow of some sort.









Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black "Twinkling" tree, Stampendous sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Nuvo Crystal Glaze

17 comments:

  1. Susan, your rainbow tree is so cute. Love how you glazed over your lights. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your rainbow tree is gorgeous Susan. I love the crystal glaze on the berries, it really makes them pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, that's a lot of coloring different colors on lots of dots Susan! and then you had to drop glaze on each one! What a lovely rainbow tree for Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, just a thought of coloring all the lights and adding Crystal Glaze one by one blew me away, Susan! This is so pretty, and I love it! You colored the lights in a beautiful rainbow order. The little sentiment on the bottom right corner is the perfect spot!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely card, Susan! I love how you colored the lights and how you added shine to each one with Crystal Glaze...so pretty ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative way to incorporate the rainbow colours and the tree with the lights looks fabulous Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds, Susan, that was my first thought when I saw the challenge! This is so pretty and would look great in someone's front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this tree done in rainbow colours. The gloss on the "lights" make them look like they are illuminated! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, love all the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I love this! I have this stamp and love this idea. It looks so much better with the rainbow berries. Great card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All those colourful shiny details make this a fantastic card Susan, beautifully CAS, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Susan!! I just LOVE your rainbow tree...so many pretty colors to gaze at and I love how you added the glaze to each one too! Truly a lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, your rainbow lighted tree is stunning! I love the shine from the crystal glaze! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card, Christine ! This tree is gorgeous and looks so delicate with its rainbow lights. And what a patience to put glaze on each of them. Wonderful ! Thanks for welcoming me as guest designer this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a joyful tree, Susan! Love the bright lights in rainbow colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful rainbow tree! Fabulous pencil coloring. The glaze finished it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an artsy look, Susan - love the rainbow dots!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.