A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 6 March 2021

Purple Petunias

The Flower Challenge is asking for "Shades of Purple" and that immediately made me think of a pot of petunias I had growing on my patio last summer.  So I pulled out an older petunia stamp.

 


I stamped it, watercoloured it, splattered with some black watered down ink, bordered in black, added a sentiment strip on black, and popped the panel up on fun foam.

 

The Flower Challenge "Shades of Purple"











Supplies:
Stamps - Rubbernecker petunias, Memory Box sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black, ColorBox white
Paper - white and black cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, white embossing powder, fun foam

10 comments:

  1. So pretty Susan! LOVE petunias!! The blooms are perfectly shaded to add depth and movement. Lovely with the black splatters and framing. Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petunias are the happiest of flowers and these are a perfect example. Your coloring brought them to life and I can see the happy. Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful petunias and love the design and those splats Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job painting these and I love the color. The splatters are the perfect final touch. Now that is something I cannot master.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful stamp and beautifully colored, Susan! Soon you'll have a pot of the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful purple petunia card, Susan! I LOVE the color and the shades! The black ties the elements (border, sentiment strip, spatters) together and highlights the beauty of the purple shades!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love purple petunias, Susan. Your petunias and simply beautiful and love your light watercoloring, splatters and sentiment, my friend. TFS Spring is in the air:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful purple petunias Susan, the splatters make a great frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purple petunias are perfect! Beautifully watercolored. Love the splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purple petunias are pretty on balconies! In your card they are gorgeous too! Beautifully colored! Thank you so much for playing along at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.