A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 14 March 2021

Embossing Folder for a Friend

Just Us Girls want us to use an embossing folder on our cards this week.  I haven't done anything innovative or fancy with mine, just used it as a major design element and a frame for the sentiment.


I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment first so that I could make sure I got the embossing folder nicely centred over it before running it through my Cuttlebug.   Then I trimmed the panel, popped it up on fun foam, and embellished the embossed flowers with royal blue gemstones that matched the ink really well.


Just Us Girls challenge








Supplies:
Stamps - Kay Foley sentiment
Ink - Distress Oxide Blueprint Sketc
Paper - white cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - Crafts Too embossing folder, clear embossing powder, royal blue gemstones

11 comments:

  1. The simplicity is elegant and a great way to convey the message. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sentiment and just the perfect way to frame it. Love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this is gorgeous. I’m not one to use embossing folders but this one makes me want to try. Fabulous sentiment too. Now I’ll be on a hunt for that folder. The gemstones are a perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful e/f, Susan! It's the perfect choice for the wonderful loving sediment! Someone will treasure this always! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely sentiment and the blue is gorgeous. The embossing folder is awesome. I've not seen one like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very gorgeous, love the texture you gave your beautiful card - such a perfect use of this embossing folder. Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Susan! I LOVE your embossing folder that gives a very beautiful and intricate frame for your amazing sentiment. Adding just the small pops of blue for the flower centers really makes the embossed design the star. Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful sentiment, Susan! And that embossing folder makes such a beautiful frame, especially with the little blue gems!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an elegant embossing folder, Susan, and a beautiful way to frame that wonderful sentiment. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An elegant card, Susan! The royal blue gemstones match the heat-embossed sentiment (shine and color). The beautiful flowers frame the wonderful sentiment perfectly!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.