A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 27 March 2021

Die Cuts and Scraps of Perfect Pearls

Never wanting to waste any beautiful bits of background, I created this card:


A while back, I made some backgrounds using the smooshing technique with Perfect Pearls.  See the third card on this post for more details.

I had just enough of the background piece used on that third card to die cut a background for the landscape / reindeer die (out of the part of it that showed the lovely shimmer) and then enough of the more solid dark area to die cut the letters for merry christmas.

The image is popped up on fun foam and the letters are painstakingly glued down one at a time!

Off to these challenges:

Jingle Belles - Use Die Cuts - I used them for the whole card.

Snippets Pixie's Playground - I used the snippets of leftover background and a snippet of white cs.

Rudolph Days - Anything Goes

NBUS Challenge - Never Before Used Stuff - I'd never used any of the dies I used on the card.








Supplies:
Paper - white cs, black watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Blue Interference Perfect Pearls, unknown reindeer / landscape die, lower case merry christmas die, fun foam

17 comments:

  1. Wow! That background is magnificent! I’d have kept that scrap too and it’s perfect for that die cut. I bow to you on the lettering- perfectly straight and evenly spaced. Now I’m off to see the card you refereced,

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background was too pretty to waste Susan, I love the die you paired it up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of those pieces Susan and the background looks amazing. What a striking die cut and what a stunning card x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping back to say that I took another look at the link you provided and what a stunning technique it is. Thank you for the inspiration Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to see that not a bit of that beautiful pearly background was wasted, Susan! Love this scenic, framed scene and the die cut Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great technique and this card is stunning. The blue background is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    Love your wonderful inkied background it looks so atmospheric.
    Great die cuts used on your super design too.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So striking with the dark background Susan. The colours are so pretty, I can see why you wanted to use every bit of it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I remembered and LOVED that striking interference blue background piece the first time you shared it. I know you’ve listed the product as perfect pearls, but I’ve only found this as a Pearl Ex product. Am I missing something? 😂

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore that smooshed background ... must give that a try with perfect pearls. So glad you joined us with your to-die-for holiday card at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is ever so pretty. I will look up your link and read about how to create this look. I know your described it well, but I like to watch any videos etc too on new techniques!

    Your scene is wonderful.
    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Susan! I love that the white die-cut winter scene beautifully pops against the shimmery night sky! Glad you got to use the smaller piece for this card.
    Great job of gluing the sentiment letters!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card Susan - the background is so lovely - and sheesh, you certainly did those letters perfectly!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. that beautifully smooshed glimmery sky is the perfect background for your sweet winter landscape! so pleased you could join our diecutting fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.