A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 3 January 2021

Tiny Reindeer Silhouette

Welcome to the first CAS Christmas Challenge of the new year.  Here's hoping 2021 is a better year for all of us.

This month's host is Julia and she would like us to use Silhouettes.

I wanted to keep it really CAS so used a very small image.  I pulled out a small leftover piece of background and started with that.


I think the scrap was made by smooshing with Oxide inks.  It was the perfect size for the small reindeer die.  I used the sentiment to ground him, then popped it up on fun foam on an embossed background.

We'd love to have you join us at CAS Christmas.  For more inspiration, check out the cards by our fabulous Guest Designer, Pat (Colourful Card Creations) and the rest of the Design Team.











Supplies:
Stamps - A Muse sentiment
Ink - various blue Oxide inks
Paper - white cs, scrap of background
Size - A2
Accessories - small reindeer die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, SU label punch, fun foam

17 comments:

  1. I love your little deer standing pretty inside that lovely light green square Susan! the embossed snow around him adds great texture to your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweet little white silhouette stag which looks great over that pretty blue oxide background and the sentiment in the same ink coordinates beautifully with it, and the falling snow is the perfect backdrop. A brilliant CAS card Susan. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little stag is the perfect silhouette for this challenge, Susan! I love your Oxide background and your snowy panel is fabulous! Another lovely Christmas card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS and just perfect Susan! Your little scrap worked beautifully as a Winter background for your silhouetted deer and I loved the embossed snowy background too! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background piece is so pretty. Don't you love when you can use something you already have? I recognize that folder, one I've coveted for a long time. It's the perfect backdrop for your deer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This background couldn't be more perfect to showcase this little deer! Simple yet elegant, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely silhouette card, Susan! You found a perfect background piece. Love the color and the beautiful visual texture of the panel! Using the sentiment strip to ground the cute deer is a clever idea.
    Happy New Year, my friend! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet CAS Perfection, Susan! I LOVE this adorable card ... it has a place of pride on my mantel! What a great way to take a small leftover piece and create a fabulous Christmas card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly CAS, Susan. Love the background and that sweet little deer! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the small frame for you deer and sentiment, it's perfect against you embossed snowy background:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That little bit of inked background is perfect behind your gorgeous white reindeer silhouette. I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous CAS design Susan, love the colour of your leftover piece, it's perfect for the tiny deer, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. The smooshed oxide background is perfect. It has a fabulous frosty wintry look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your dry embossed falling snow background for your beautiful found background, so perfect for your regal stag. Great idea to ground your deer using your sentiment, Susan. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs and wishing you a healthy creative New Year... Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty CAS card Susan. The scale of the adorable deer with the background smooshing is absolutely perfect x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Susan, your background so soft and pretty. Love the embossed snowy background. Beautiful card. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love smooshing and this made a great background for the deer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.