A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 23 January 2021

Splatters and a Star

I am trying to use some of my older SU stamps in order to decide if I'll keep them or not.  This Christmas star is very versatile so it's definitely going into the "keeper" pile.


I sprayed and splattered the background with gold and copper sprays. For the splattering, I took the top off the container and tapped the tube against a ruler.  I used FlitterGlu and gilding flakes on the star stamp (instead of heat embossing it like I normally do with this stamp) and then fussy cut it, scored it, folded it, and popped it up with foam tape. I put the sentiment on a die cut label.

I'm linking it up at the CAS Mix Up Challenge "Splatters".  I've more than covered off the mixed media requirements - I've got stamping, sprays, splatters, gilding flakes, fussy cutting, scoring, and die cutting!











Supplies:
Stamps - SU Christmas Star, unknown sentiment
Ink - Delicata copper
Paper - white cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - copper and gold sprays, gilding flakes, FlitterGlu, foam tape, Spellbinders label die

11 comments:

  1. Your finished card is just beautiful, thanks for explaining how you made it. I was looking at it and thinking is that just a stamp, very clever and your splatters are perfect. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and elegant star card ... that stamp is definitely a keeper!! Love it with the metallic colours ... those sprays and gilding flakes really are beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative way to use that fabulous star. Great splats and I love how you've chopped off a bit of the star. Great design and a striking card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Susan, I've always loved how you use that star- definitely a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...Stunning Mixed Media covered star! I have never seen this star look so beautiful, Susan. I loved the clever way you added your gold splatters too. Sweet perfect sentiment too. TFS my dear friend and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so effective, a stunning card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Your star looks amazing with the gilding flakes, and I love the gold splatters. Thank you for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great mix of products to make this stunning star. It shines and glitters and glistens. It surely is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gilding flake star, Susan! I love it, especially the off-the-edge placement! The gold & copper splattered background is beautiful too. A wonderful range from mist-like fine splatters to a droplet.
    It's difficult to purge your supplies, isn't it? I usually end up keeping everything... ;-P
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a special star, Susan! It makes me want to get mine out and use it again! Love it with the gilding flakes and metallic splatters! A gorgeous card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never seen this star look so good, Christine! You gave it the schplendor it deserves and I'm glad it is going in your Keep pile! Your schplatters and schprays are also fabulous! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.