A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 27 January 2021

Horses in the Woods

Since The Male Room challenge is asking for "Animals" this time, I'm indulging my love of horses for today's card.


I followed Loll Thompson's video "Stencilling with Brushos" and created my background with the birch tree stencil and black Brushos (love all the colours the black Brushos give you).

I stamped the horses on the background in black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I used a Versamarker pen to scribble in the "ground" and then heat embossed it with a mixture of different green embossing powders.

I trimmed the panel, bordered with black cs, popped it up on fun foam, and added Tim Holtz clippings stickers in place of a sentiment.

 

 









Supplies:
Stamps - Local King Rubber Stamp horses
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Versamarker pen
Paper - cream and black cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - black Brushos, clear embossing powder, a mix of green embossing powders, TCW stencil, fun foam, TH clippings stickers sentiment stickers

11 comments:

  1. really fabulous card..love the look.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great masculine card, Susan. Love those horses and fabulous background on this. I have not tried that technique yet but thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent card today! Seeing the horses made me smile. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous background, Susan! I love the scene with the horses scampering about! The grass is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a stunning effect from the black brusho's and one amazing, unique and fabulous card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the mama horse and baby galloping through your forest Susan. Gorgeous card. Love the design ad colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous horse card, Susan! I love it!! It looks like a wood-block print, and the black horses look awesome against the artsy Brusho stenciled background. I love the colors Black Brusho give you too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card with so many wonderful techniques, great work. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome masculine card. Love the multi colours you get with black Brushos. Well done on stencilling with it. It makes for a great backdrop for the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The background is beautiful and the horse with her colt is so sweet. What a fun idea for the grass and it came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great interpretation of the Animal challenge with the horse in the woods! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.

    Maja, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.